Monday, June 28, 2021

what I'm packing for a beach vacation!

 We are headed out on a family beach vacation... be sure to follow me on Instagram to catch up with all our activities and my outfits in real-time. I'm super eager to spend some quality time with the family at the beach.  Not to mention taking a week off from sports, making dinner and the general craziness of a household with two teens. Beach vacations are always my favorite - I can't wait to catch up on reading, swim in the ocean and sleep in. Today I'm chatting up the items I plan on packing... this doesn't include the 20 +/- items I will throw in last mintue. Haha! I always try to pack minimally, but it rarely works. So this is the majority of what I am packing... I'm really hoping to stick to this tight group of items.

I will say my biggest packing "hack" is choosing a color scheme and packing around that theme. For this trip I chose lots of blues and white. I also added in a few black pieces as well. Choosing a few colors to work around make getting dressed when you arrive super easy - everything will mix and match so easily without having to plan a lot of specific 'outfits' for the trip. 


Clothing from left to right: 
black caftan cover-up/dress, runs big, I went down a size. I thought this was only a cover up at first but the description says it's a dress (I should learn to read!) and after trying it on I can confirm it would work for both! So it's great to pack for vacation because it can do double duty for beach or a dinner out.
white linen top (or similar), runs maybe a little big, I wear a 2 that fits like a small. Also love this for dinners or breakfast out or as a cover up.
blue linen top, runs big, I wear a 0 and it's still roomy. Another piece that does double duty - works as a shirt or a swim cover up!
striped oxford, runs a little big. Not to sound like a broken record but I love when a top like this can be worn multiple ways on vacation. Wear with white jeans for dinner or over a swimsuit to ride bikes to the beach.
blue tank, true to size, an easy piece for grabbing coffee/smoothies or patio dining.
white tank, true to size, these are awesome and SO soft. Perfect for super hot afternoons.
blue/white stripe blouse, true to size, this has family dinner out written all over it. Cute and a little dressy, but still easy to wear!
linen tee, I went up a size for a slouchier fit,  another great lightweight piece for hot days.
navy cardigan, true to size, perfect for sunsets or overly air-conditioned spaces. I always like to have a few layering options packed. This will work great over a tank or tee or a dress for dinner, if needed.
CREW sweatshirt, true to size, I just HAD to have this fun retro inspired sweatshirt, it looks like a throwback from the 80's or 90's and I love it!
white jeans, runs a little big, I went with my smaller size, yes it will be warm and jeans are very optional, but I like the option.
blue denim shorts, runs big, I went with my usual size for a slouchy fit, perfect for riding bikes, grabbing lunch or breakfast or hanging on the porch.
white denim shorts, I go with my bigger size for more room, a vacation staple!
black gauze shorts, true to size, these make for a great swim cover up but also work for around town too. They are super lightweight so perfect on HOT days.
white dress, true to size, give me all the dresses for dinners out!
black dress, true to size, this one doubles as a great option for dinner out or as a swim cover up.
striped dress, true to size, so cute and summery and also works for over swim or for brunch.
patterned dress, true to size, perfect for sunsets and dinners out.

Shoes from left to right: 

Accessories:
(I'll also throw in some type of small purse, 



 

site design by kiki co.