Thursday, May 20, 2021

banana republic finds for spring/summer!

Today I'm excited to share some gorgeous pieces from Banana Republic. I haven't shopped there in quite a while, but I went down a rabbit hole with some of their new arrivals and everything is GORGEOUS. Because I haven't shopped in a while I got the sizing a little wrong on a few pieces but I will include all the sizing details below so that you won't make the same mistake I made. Let's take a look at the pieces... 


chunky cotton cardigan (above & below)
Sizing: I followed the sizing guide and ordered an XS. It fits, but I would prefer a little more oversized fit. So depending on how you prefer it - it does fit a little bigger.
Thoughts: This cardigan is gorgeous. Cottony and soft it's a perfect topper for cooler mornings or evenings this spring/summer. It works great with tanks and tees or over dresses. It's just GORGEOUS in person!

Shown with: jeans (runs true to size, maybe a touch big), tank (runs small, size up), sandals, bag is Polene



sandwash dress (above & below)
Sizing: Runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Thoughts: This dress is another really beautiful piece in person. It's super soft with a really great draping fabric and I love the tie waist and pockets. This color was a little weird on me (pink sand dune) but there are more color options - so be sure to check them out!




chambray shirt dress (above & below)
Sizing: True to size. I went down a size to XS and it's a little too small in the armpits and chest. True to size with a size small would've worked better for me.
Thoughts: Again, such a pretty piece in person. I just LOVE this dress.  It's simple and classic and can be dressed up for a zoom or the office or just worn as an everyday dress for running errands or hanging with the kids. I love the tie waist and the fabric contains Tencel which makes it very soft to the touch and gives it great drape. Sometimes chambray dresses can feel stiff, but this one is flowy and soft.

Shown with: sandals, bag is Polene



tees (above & below)
Sizing: These run a little big, so I went down a size to XS. You could also go with your usual size for a more oversized fit.
Thoughts: These are a DREAM. Super soft, nice and drapey and I love cut of the sleeve which is very flattering. Also, did I mention they are soft? So soft. The colors shown are "fresh taupe" and "black."

Shown with: jeans






 

site design by kiki co.