Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Everlane denim review!

Today I'm excited to share some Everlane denim with you all! I've tried their denim a few times in the past, but not with much earnest. The one (or two?) times I tried them the sizing was weird and I just quit. But I've had some requests for trying them recently since they are super affordable. I LOVE my Madewell jeans and think they are a great price, but Everlane definitely beats Madewell on pricing and today I found some styles I really like and I think you will like them too. For sizing reference I am between a 26/27 in Madewell denim (26 for specialty fits and 27 for skinnies) and a 27 in Agolde and Levi's.

I tried four pair altogether with a split between some of their "regular" fits and their "curvy" fits. While I wouldn't consider myself a super curvy person I remembered from the previous time I had ordered Everlane jeans that they were a little unforgiving for me in the butt/thighs. My memory was correct and as you will see below the "curvy" version of the jeans worked really well for me! Read on to see what styles I chose and how they all fit and feel free to hit me up with questions on any of the jeans here. All of these jeans are UNDER $80 which I think is an EXCELLENT price for what I would consider designer-grade jeans. Hopefully my sizing tips will make it easier for ordering as well, but if not, Everlane has FREE shipping over $75 and it's super easy to make returns as well. 

If you've never shopped Everlane before, I can't recommend them enough. From their affordable jeans, really great quality tees and the most swoon worthy sweaters I absolutely adore their minimal and classic vibes. Everything holds up so well and some of the sweaters I own from them are going on 4-5 years old and they are still favorites. The quality is 100% there with Everlane.


Sizing: This pair runs true to size for me. These fit great!

Thoughts: I really liked this pair, flattering and comfortable and I love a button fly. I like the raw hem on these and the ankle length is perfect. The denim felt slightly thinner (though I wouldn't call in thin) than the other pairs which also makes it stretch and move better. 



Curvy Authentic Stretch High Rise Skinny, size 27 Ankle in Dark Blue (above)

Sizing: This pair runs true to size. These are the curvy version of the black pair I also tried and fit SO much better.

Thoughts: I don't love a super dark wash, but I wanted to try this style to compare them to the non-curvy version. This pair definitely fits better. Comfortable and flattering and again, not to sound like a broken record but the ankle length is just perfect. 


Curvy Cheeky Straight, size 27 Ankle in Bone (above)

Sizing: This pair runs true to size. These fit great!

Thoughts: These remind me a lot of the Perfect Vintage from Madewell with a nice straight leg, high rise, a little stretch. I'm thankful I did the 'curvy' cheeky instead of the original cheeky which I believe I've tried before and it didn't work. Not that I consider myself particularly curvy but the jeans worked well in the hips and waist. These are super flattering on the bottom too. Plus, I love this creamy white for all four seasons. Truly you could wear them spring, summer, fall and winter.


Authentic Stretch High Rise Skinny, Size 27 Ankle in Black (above)

Sizing: This pair runs small for me. I could barely zip!

Thoughts: I really love the ankle length by Everlane, it fits me JUST perfect. I am 5'4 for reference. Compared to Madewell petite length which can sometimes be too short, this length is ideal. I loved this denim, a great black color that doesn't seem to attract a lot of lint right away and good stretch with a flattering cut. Besides these not fitting great - I would go up a size - I loved these jeans. Simple, classic and a good amount of stretch. 




 

site design by kiki co.