Friday, October 30, 2020

6 ways to style: a turtleneck!

 Today I've got a new 6 ways to style for you. For this series I take one piece of clothing or accessory and style it 6 ways. I'm a firm believer that the items I own should be versatile and easy to wear. This is a fun exercise in creativity and it's also given me a new perspective when I shop too. If you are interested in building a super versatile and mix & match friendly closet it's great to ask yourself how many ways you can picture styling an item before purchasing it. The 6 ways to style archive is VAST... there are tons of outfit ideas there so if you are ever feeling stuck with your closet, but sure to peruse older posts as well.

Today I am styling up a simple turtleneck top... it's lightweight and comfortable and a major nod to the 80s and 90s but in a very modern way. I'm really loving this piece.  Today I style it for the office, for hanging out at home and everything in between. Let's take a look at the outfits...


Outfit 1 (above)
Simple and classic this turtleneck top stands well on it's own. You could add a scarf or a fun necklace but this look is easy and chic. 
Shop the look: turtleneck top (true to size, I got my usual size small), jeans (runs a little big, I sized down), similar flats, bracelets

Outfit 2 (above)
I think we can all agree that athleisure is top of mind lately. I'm always thinking how to sneak in leggings or joggers and look cute. This turtleneck is so cute and easy for around the house with joggers. Then throw on a denim jacket for errands or carpool.
Shop the look: turtleneck top (true to size, I got my usual size small), joggers (runs big, I went down a size), denim jacket, sneakers or similar sneakers

Outfit 3 (above)
Still trying to sneak in some white jeans? I don't blame you. This look is perfect for the office or zoom calls with a sweater blazer and white jeans. I think it looks particularly sharp.
Shop the look: turtleneck top (true to size, I got my usual size small), sweater blazer (runs big, size down), jeans, flats

Outfit 4 (above)
Attending sporting events or hanging out with the kids this weekend? This fleece and turtleneck combo is comfortable and warm and perfect for mom duties!
Shop the look: turtleneck top (true to size, I got my usual size small), similar fleece, jeans, birkenstocks

Outfit 5 (above)
Another great office or zoom look with this sweater jacket and turtleneck and loafers. But these layers are so easy that it works for around the house as well.
Shop the look: turtleneck top (true to size, I got my usual size small), sweater blazer (size down), jeans, loafers

Outfit 6 (above)
I couldn't resist going full 90s with this look. A cable knit sweater and the turtleneck layered with mom jeans. Maybe a little overboard? Maybe. But that's the fun of this series - trying new things and you never know if you will like it or not!
Shop the look: turtleneck top (true to size, I got my usual size small), sweater, jeans, loafers



 

site design by kiki co.