Wednesday, September 16, 2020

J.Crew try on session!

I always love a good J.Crew shopping session for fall... you just can't beat their fall offerings. Today I've got some super cute pieces I am excited to show you. These are some great items for early fall and transitioning to fall as the weather starts to cool. For each piece I styled them a few ways to get some ideas of how you might like to wear them. I never like to buy clothing that I can't picture wearing multiple ways.

Let's take a look at some great fall pieces...


(above & below) striped cardigan sweater
Sizing: I went down a size to XS so that it would work as both a pullover and a cardigan. 
Thoughts: This cardigan is SO cute and it's honestly so much better in person than it was online. I love wearing it both as a cardigan or a pullover and really who can resist a striped sweater for fall? 

Shop the look:



(above & below) cable knit sweater
Sizing: I went with my usual size small and it's too big. An XS would be perfect, so I would recommend sizing down.
Thoughts: This sweater is SO stunning. The fabric is beautiful in person and there is no wool, so no itch! Again, I just can't say enough good things about this one so perfect for fall.

Shop the look:



(above & below) olive sweater and distressed jeans
Sizing: This sweater runs true to size. I am in my usual size small. For the jeans I am usually between a 26/27 and went with the 27 in these.
Thoughts: This olive sweater is so simple and classic. I have been on the hunt for a simple olive green sweater and this one definitely fits the bill. I love that it works well on it's own and it's great for layering too. It would be perfect under a blazer or jacket. For the jeans I am a little undecided, I love the gentle distressing and the length. The denim is a little thick with not a lot of stretch so they aren't 100% comfortable.

Shop the look:



(above & below) white sweatshirt
Sizing: I went with my usual size small. I would say true to size!
Thoughts: You know I had to throw a sweatshirt in my bag! I am a sucker lately, I can't stop. This one is SO cute with a loose hem and bubble sleeves. Plus, I love the fabric isn't super thick so it's not super hot and drapes well.

Shop the look:



(above) leopard flats
Sizing: I followed the size guidelines and went down a half size.
Thoughts: I am such a sucker for leopard flats. I have similar pairs in loafer and mule form and couldn't resist these ballet flats. They are so classic and feminine. They do seem like they will take a tiny bit of breaking in, they are a touch stiff. But not too bad.



 

site design by kiki co.