Friday, September 18, 2020

fall home finds!

I always love the switch to fall weather and fall clothing... but this year it seems a little more special than usual. We are still spending a good amount of time at home, although schedules have picked up a bit, and I'm ready to hit refresh on a few spots around my house these days too. Fall always feels like a fresh start and that's just what I am craving these days. I love working with neutrals in my home because it's easy to add a new rug, a few new throw pillows or a wreath and everything mixes and matches so easily. This year I'm drawn to moody rust tones and earth tones as accents to my neutrals and of course everything has to look and feel as absolutely cozy as possible as we move into cooler weather.

Today I've rounded up some fall home items that have caught my eye this season. I love these simple striped throw rugs to freshen up an entry way or mudroom and they are great to have on hand once snowy weather kicks arrives. I've had my eye on these gorgeous glass votives for a few weeks now, I can picture them on an entry table, a dining table or even a coffee table. I love how moody and beautiful they are.  This black writing desk seems like it could really inspire me (wink, wink) to sit down at my desk everyday to work - I've gotten in a habit of working from bed over the past 6 months. The throw pillows on our sofa need some updating desperately after we've all spent so much time at home lately. I am loving this knit sweater pillow and olive lumbar pillow, they would work well with a neutral palette but give a very fall vibe to any room. I always get so many questions about the decorative beads I have in my living room and found this very similar set of wood bead garland at a great price. And of course a simple pumpkin candle can go a long way in making a home feel ready for fall!



 

site design by kiki co.