Friday, September 25, 2020

6 ways to style: button front cardigan!

Yay! Time for another 6 ways to style! If you are new around here, this series is really popular and fun. I simply take one wardrobe piece and style it into 6 outfits. You can see the entire archive here. I always want to make sure that the pieces I add to my closet are super versatile to get the most bang for my buck. This helps me get creative with styling pieces in my closet and hopefully along the way inspires you all as well.

Today I am styling up this button front cardigan. It's an absolute dream! It's so soft and lightweight, but still quite warm. Plus, as you will see from today's post it can be styled A LOT of different ways. This sweater is a bit of a splurge, but I found this one, this one and this one that are less expensive options!  Also note that the exact sweater featured in today's post runs a bit big, I went down one size. I love this style of sweater for fall... on the one hand it's so classic and at the same time, so modern. I love wearing it unbuttoned, buttoned, on it's own or layered! I think you will see from today's post that there are SO many ways to rock this style.


(above) Outfit 1

This cardigan is great for layering since it's so lightweight. I love it over a white top with black jeans for a work at home day that includes a few zoom calls. It's pulled together but still really comfortable.
Shop the look: sweater (runs big, I went down one size to XS), white top, jeans, loafers

(above) Outfit 2

Because it's so lightweight, this sweater also layers really well UNDER jackets and coats, which is necessary here in the midwest. I love the sweater on it's own with a trench coat for chilly or rainy days this fall.
Shop the look: sweater (runs big, I went down one size to XS), jeans, flats, jacket

(above) Outfit 3

Still in a summery climate or not quite looking at fall weather yet? This easy tank jumpsuit works great with the cardigan thrown on over top for chilly grocery stores or just lounging on the sofa.
Shop the look: sweater (runs big, I went down one size to XS), jumpsuit, Birkenstocks

(above) Outfit 4

I'm still holding on to white jeans for as long as I can this fall. This sweater works great with white jeans and a simple tank for layering. Great for chilly mornings or evenings.
Shop the look: sweater (runs big, I went down one size to XS), jeans, tank, flats

(above) Outfit 5

This look is my favorite of the bunch and most likely how I would wear it. A little front tuck with straight leg jeans and sneakers is super easy and modern and very mom friendly too.
Shop the look: sweater (runs big, I went down one size to XS), jeans, sneakers or less expensive sneakers

(above) Outfit 6

Answering the question of 2020: but does it work with leggings? Right!? I think you can definitely pull off a leggings and tee look with this cardigan. What do you think?
Shop the look: sweater (runs big, I went down one size to XS), leggings, tee, similar sneakers or similar less expensive sneakers 


 

site design by kiki co.