Tuesday, August 4, 2020

j.crew try on session!

Today I have a few items from J.Crew that I recently ordered to show you. While fall weather is officially still a few months off, I've already started shopping with fall in mind. This time of year I want to make sure I am purchasing items that work now and for a few months from now too. So for today's post I featured each piece in a summer-y outfit and a fall-ish outfit to get a feel for how versatile each piece can be as we move towards fall.  Let's take a look...


(above & below) ruffle sleeve tank
Thoughts: This top is GORGEOUS in person. Perfectly lightweight and feminine and it fits really well too. 
Sizing: I am in my usual size small. This fits true to size.
Keep or return? I'm going to keep this one. It's a little on the dressy side and I love that these days when I feel like I've been living in jeans and tees and leggings and sweatshirts. 

Shop the summer look (above): ruffle sleeve tank, jeans, sandals
Shop the fall look (below): ruffle sleeve tank, jeans, mules, jacket




(above & below) white popover top
Thoughts: I really like this. I bought the long sleeve version earlier this spring and love that one too. It's so lightweight and is a classic piece.
Sizing: This runs true to size, I am in my usual size small.
Keep or return? This is a keep for me. I can see wearing it this summer and future summers.

Shop the summer look (above): white popover top, jeans, sandals, tote
Shop the fall look (below):  white popover topjeans, sweater blazer, flats



(above & below) side slit beach sweater
Thoughts: I really like this. The fabric is unique and it's a chunky knit but also not super heavy. Plus the white tip details at the neck and sleeves is a fun touch.
Sizing: Fits boxy but is true to size. I am in a small, my usual size.
Keep or return? I love this sweater but I am a little iffy on the color, to be honest I wish I would've ordered the white. I'm 50/50 on this one, but only because of the color. I do like the color, but I have other sweaters that are similar.

Shop the summer look (above): side slit beach sweater, denim shorts, tote, birkenstocks
Shop the fall look (below): side slit beach sweater, jeans, sneakers or similar sneakers, bag




(above & below) twist front tank
Thoughts: I really wanted to love this tank! It's super soft and I love the twist front. Unfortunately sizing was off for me, otherwise this is a great wardrobe staple that layers easily!
Sizing: I am in my usual size small and it's huge on the armpits and the torso. Definitely go down a full size.
Keep or return? This is getting returned for sizing. 

Shop the summer look (above): twist front tank, shorts, birkenstocks, sweater




(above & below) cream linen sweater
Thoughts: This sweater is gorgeous! It looked a little weird when I first took it out of the box, but wearing it, I love it. It's perfectly drapey and lightweight for summer and a great everyday mom-on-the-go piece.
Sizing: I am in my usual size small and it's a touch oversized. Plus I'm sensing it might stretch a little since it's linen blend. If you are between sizes I would go down a size.
Keep or return? This is a keeper, but I am contemplating going down a size to XS.

Shop the summer look (above): cream linen sweater, shorts, bag, sandals




 

site design by kiki co.