Monday, May 11, 2020

Everlane try on session

Today I have a new Everlane try on session for you. Everlane continues to be one of my go-to sources for simple and refined everyday wear. I love that their pieces feel comfortable, elevated and ready to mix and match with pieces I already own. Today I have some great spring and summer basics that are already favorites even though they just arrived! Let's take a look...

I am always looking for new t-shirt dresses. They are my favorite for summer and they aren't easy to find! This one is nice and thick so it's flattering and not see through and fits just right. I am in my usual size small. I love that you can easily throw this black t-shirt dress on for the day with sneakers or sandals. You can layer a jacket or a cardigan or just wear it on it's own. It's the easiest piece to wear all summer.  Let's talk about these cross sandals too, shall we? They are so soft and comfortable - like a slipper! The leather is incredibly soft and I love the square toe which is so modern right now. These are true to size as well. You can see this t-shirt dress in another fun post here

For the past two seasons I have been looking for a casual white dress. I've found some super dressy options or even semi-dressy options (you can see the semi-dressy option I bought here), but never a truly casual piece that you could wear everyday. Until NOW! This white tank dress is the same material of the black dress - so after trying that piece I knew this would work in white. It's nice and thick, so it's not see through at all. I love the tank style and one side slit make it easy to walk in. This would be adorable with sneakers or even to double as a swim cover up. It works well with a sweatshirt or denim jacket around the waist or even belted. 
Shown with: sandals

linen tank (above)
I love Everlane's linen tops. I have another (seen here) that I love so much. I've worn it a ton, washed it a lot (it washes great!) and so I knew I would love this linen tank  It's absolutely adorable and perfect for hot summer days with shorts or skirts. Unfortunately this is too small on me - but I will definitely be rendering in a new size. I took a size 2, which is my usual blouse size with Everlane but I'm going to go up to a 4. It was really tight on the chest.
Shown with: jeans, sandals


I recently saw this sweater on another blogger (and can't for the life of me remember who!) and it was love at first sight. Then I realized it looked familiar... I have it in white from years ago (you can see it in this post). I couldn't resist also ordering it in grey, in fact I would love one in every color! It's super soft and I love the drapey/boxy fit. This sweater is 100% cotton so if you avoid itchy sweaters, this one is for you. It runs a little big for that slouchy fit. I am in my usual size small. If you are between sizes you may consider sizing down. 
Shown with: jeanssandals

I've never tried the Everlane bras so I decided to give them a try. After all this at-home time I find it very difficult to wear underwire bras (why did we wear them to begin with?) and have been craving super comfortable bras. For both bras I followed the sizing guide to choose my size and they both fit perfectly. The pink plunge bra is lightweight and super soft. It's beautiful but low on support, so keep that in mind. The black tank bra is similar to a sports bra but way less restrictive. The fabric is thicker than the pink bra with a little more support. Neither have padding - so keep that in mind too. I love simple bras like this for under sweaters and sweatshirts or just lounging. 






 

site design by kiki co.