Thursday, April 23, 2020

what's next after leggings?

It's been leggings and sweatshirts on major repeat around here. Even if I start the day "dressed" it doesn't take long to get back to square one with leggings and sweatshirts. Anyone else in pjs by like 4pm these days? I can't lie. It's kind of awesome. But spring is *hopefully* on it's way or maybe it's hit already where you are and leggings and sweatshirts are going to feel a little cumbersome and sweaty. So if you are thinking about what's next after leggings or just sick of your leggings and sweatshirts and wanting something equally as comfortable but for warmer weather I have some great options for you...

Today I've got three super easy dresses and one jumpsuit that I think you will love. They work great on their own, are so soft and cozy they feel like pjs and a few are perfect to be layered with jackets and cardigans.

(above) Puff Sleeve Sweatshirt (shop here or here)
I bought this with hopes of wearing it in California for spring break... but now I am patiently waiting to wear it for when spring finally arrives. It's incredibly soft and cozy sweatshirt material. The puff sleeves make it look much dressier than it is. This is the ultimate 'cool girl' piece. I love it with sneakers but it will work great with sandals or Birkenstocks too. This piece runs true to size, I am in my usual size small.
shown with sneakers or similar sneakers

This is a new arrival from Everlane and it's PERFECT for spring and summer. I love a t-shirt dress for warmer weather. This piece is so easy... you can wear it on it's own, throw it over a swimsuit, or layer a denim jacket or cardigan over top. The fabric on this one is nice and thick with a great drape to it, making it elegant but casual. Plus it's under $40. This runs true to size, I am in my usual size small. I'm loving the other color options too, so be sure to check those out.
shown with sandals

This dress is an instant favorite! I purchased it earlier this winter for some warm weather travel and wore it several times on those trips. It's a perfect swim cover up or a dress to grab breakfast in. It's so comfortable and soft and the wide straps are super flattering. Plus it's only $20! This dress runs a little big, I went down a size to size XS.
shown with sandals

(above) Jumpsuit
This jumpsuit is from last season and I loved it so much last summer and I've already worn it a few times this spring. It works great with a cardigan or denim jacket overtop and it's incredibly soft and cozy. This is a piece I could wear everyday! This jumpsuit is true to size, I am in my usual size small.
shown with Birkenstocks (here or here)


 

site design by kiki co.