Monday, August 12, 2019

Everlane try-on session!

Today's try on session is with Everlane! I recently ordered a few new items for late summer/fall and I am excited to share them with you. I have long been a fan of Everlane. They believe in using ethical factories with radical transparency in both how they work with those factories and in their pricing model - you can learn more about it here. Plus they make high quality everyday pieces that stand the test of time - meaning that you don't need to be replacing these pieces in your closet, making for less waste overall.  I still own many Everlane pieces from previous years because they are so classic they never go out of style and are so well made that they rarely end up on the "donate" pile after a season is over.

I love Everlane's minimalist style! All of their pieces are easy to mix and match - which is my favorite way to build a wardrobe - with really simple and classic pieces that can be mixed and matched so many ways. And while everything is perfect for a casual look with jeans, the pieces can easily be dressed up for the workplace too.  Let's take a look at a few of the pieces I ordered, plus I included a few pieces from previous seasons that I still love too.

cashmere crewneck (above) - this classic wardrobe staple comes at a great price for cashmere. This sweater is more fitted, so size up if you want a more relaxed feel. Here I went up to a medium.  There are lots of color options too! 

cotton linen crewneck (above) - I bought two of these sweaters (the other is in black) this past spring and LOVE them. They are the perfect transition piece between seasons being not too hot and not too cold. The linen cotton mix is so soft and I love the slouchy fit. I am wearing a size small here. 

soft cotton square crewneck - this is another piece I have owned well over a year from Everlane. This sweater is perfect for spring and fall and since it doesn't have any wool - it's not scratchy at all. I love it with jeans but you could also wear it with leggings in place of a sweatshirt. It's so comfy to throw on! I am in a size small here - this one runs oversized.

recotton henley - this top is made from recycled cotton - how cool is that!? It's very soft and a great layering piece for fall with lightweight jackets or cardigans. I was disappointed at how slim the fit was on this - I am in a size small and it felt WAY too small. I recommend going up at least one size.

linen relaxed shirt - I've been looking for a relaxed white button front top that wasn't too crispy but a little crispy. You know? This one is perfect!  The linen is super soft (sometimes linen can be scratchy!) and the fit is perfect. I am in a size 4. I am very excited about this piece!

texture cotton crewneck - I am a sucker for a chunky sweater! This one is gorgeous and super soft - again if you are sensitive to wool this sweater is perfect for you! It's soft and gives that cozy wool vibe with none of the itchies.  This one also has a great oversized, casual feel - I am in a size small.


striped bodysuit/white bodysuit (above & below) - I am the first to admit that I am hesitant about the return of the bodysuit trend. But this piece makes me a believer! The front is double lined and while the fabric is TIGHT it also sucks you in! Like leggings for your torso! haha!  I tried the striped version (above) and the white version (below) and really liked both. They will be great for layering this fall with cardigans, blazers and jackets. I am in a size small. If you are between sizes order one up. Also note these looked so small when I pulled them out of the box I almost didn't even try them on - but again, they are like leggings for your body. Once I put it on it stretched perfectly to fit.







 

site design by kiki co.