Wednesday, April 22, 2020

simple spring try on session!

I don't know about you but I am craving ALLLLL the simple basics now. It's a little sad that I'm not super into all the usual fun spring pieces like gingham, florals and feminine dresses, but that just seems like another world right now. I am loving simple basics that I can layer, that are super comfortable and easy to wear.

Today I've got some really easy pieces to show you. They are great for layering - which is key this time of year - and will work great on their own as the weather warms too. Plus they are so simple that they work with jeans, leggings, joggers or whatever your daily outfits look like these days.

grey tank (above)
I love the frayed hems on this one! SO cute and a fun details on a basic piece. This works great with jeans or leggings and on it's own or with layers. I am in a size small here - it's a touch big, but I'm good with it so I don't have to worry about washing and drying it and I don't love tees skin tight. If you are between sizes, you may want to go down a size if you want it more fitted.
(shown with jeans, shop here and here)

white tee (above)
This has the look of a linen blend without the linen so it will wash much easier. I love the drape on this one and it has a great high/low hem that is really flattering and works well with leggings. The relaxed sleeve is nice too. This gets two thumbs up. I went down a size to size XS, note it runs big.
(shown with jeans, shop here and here)

black tank (above)
I ordered this earlier this year and it was HUGE and when I went to reorder it was sold out! I was happy to see it restocked, but note - this top sells out fast.  So keep in mind that this tank definitely runs big, I am in an XS here, I went down one size. I love that the this muscle-tank style covers the bra straps so well.
(shown with jeans, shop here and here)

 white tank (above)
This tank is supposed to be fitted, but since I don't often wear fitted tanks I'm a little so-so on it. I will say the fabric is great here... even thought it's fitted it nice and thick fabric that is super soft too. This is a great layering piece. The size recommendations said to go down a size and I followed those instructions but I personally would go up a size since I don't love it so fitted.
(shown with jeans, shop here and here)


 

site design by kiki co.