Monday, October 14, 2019

fall target try on session!

I recently walked into my Target for two things... (you know where this is going ladies) and the next thing I knew I was in the clothing department popping sweaters into my cart faster than fast. It was a Target black out moment. Here is the back story... the clothing department at my Target always seems so picked over. It's pretty rare that I walk in and ohhh and ahhh over clothes there because it seems so hectic in the clothing area. So I am often asked why I don't feature Target more often and it's mostly because I NEVER seem to find anything there. But maybe now my streak is over? I found some SUPER cute pieces and was really impressed by the quality on these. All of the Target pieces I show here are under $30! So you really can't beat the price points!

Remember... this is how try on sessions work: I grab a few pieces (usually online, but in this case in store) bring them home and treat them just like I would in the fitting room. In this instance I just didn't have time to bring them into the fitting room (remember the aforementioned TWO THINGS I needed... and none of those two were sweaters! haha!) so I bring them home, try them on and decide what to keep (which I will outline at the end of the post). I usually don't keep everything - but make decisions based on what I like most, if there is an open spot for it in my closet and of course other details like fit and feel of an item.  I also style each piece two ways so you could get an idea of how it can work in different outfits. It's important that an item is versatile and that it can mix and match easily with the items I currently own. Let's take a look at the pieces!

This is a sweater/sweatshirt hybrid with a drawstring cowl neck that is 100% amazing. This was definitely my favorite piece from the bunch and one that I can see myself wearing a lot. I paired it with black jeans and sneakers for a pulled together athleisure vibe. Or I think it works great with leggings or joggers (mine are dark grey) and sneakers (similar or similar) too - to really play up the athleisure feel. This top has WEEKEND written all over it. This fits true to size, I am in a size small. It's also available in two other colors.

Am I the only one that could buy about 100 leopard sweaters this fall? I want them all! They are all so cute and fun. This leopard cardigan can be worn buttoned up with a white bodysuit underneath like I did here with jeans and loafers for a more dressed up look. Or I think it looks cute with a graphic tee, jeans and sneakers (similar or similar).   The fabric on this one is super soft and I just love this pattern! This fits a little oversized - I am in a size small. Definitely size down if you prefer it more fitted.

I grabbed this first because it looked SO cozy and soft and it IS. I love the cable knit details and while it's a chunky knit, it's not heavy so it's very comfortable to wear. The sweater has a fun 90s vibe so I paired it with mom jeans and loafers to play off that first. But if you aren't into the 90s vibe it works equally well with black jeans and black flats for an everyday look. The sweater has a bit of an oversized cut but I still think it's true to size. I am in a small. It's also available in one other color.

I am really drawn to a sweater dress lately but honestly I think the weather is going to dip soon and it won't make sense to wear them. But I want to! If you live further south this is a great piece for you! This sweater dress is nice and lightweight and is ribbed but isn't clingy or tight. The material is very soft and silky against your skin. You could wear this to work or church and feel like you are in your pajamas!  I paired it with a denim jacket and black flats or a long cardigan (similar or similar) and ankle boots. BOTH looks are so cute! This does run a little big in the hips and waist. I am in a size small and would recommend sizing down. I think the XS would fit me better. It's also available in three other colors.


Okay here are my final thoughts on each piece:

- Cowl Neck Sweater: definitely a keeper! I've already worn it and LOVE it. 

- Leopard Cardigan: I really love this one... it too is a keeper. Even though I don't usually go for more bold prints like this it's so soft and inviting and will be a really fun piece to wear this fall. It also looks much more expensive than it is!

- V-Neck Cable Knit Sweater: I REALLY like this one but it's going to go back because it reminds me of this Everlane sweater I already own. So there is no need to duplicate it. But I still highly recommend this one.

- Sweater Dress: This one is going back because it's too big. And because like the sweater dress in THIS try on session, I'm just not 100% convinced I will wear it enough to make it worth it. I wear dresses in the spring and summer a lot but that just doesn't carry over for fall and winter for me and especially since I live in Michigan. 


 

site design by kiki co.