Friday, June 21, 2019

my everyday style: it's National Stripes Day!

Did you know it's National Stripes Day today? What better way to celebrate the first day of summer than with STRIPES!?!? Much like National Doughnut Day and National Puppy Day and all the other "National Days" - this one is completely made up and just for fun.  But you just know I had to honor the day and pull out some stripes to celebrate!

This top was featured on my recent J.Crew try on haul and to say that I am loving it for summer is an understatement. We have had such a cool summer that tanks and tees are taking a backseat to longer sleeves these days. It's been a challenge to dress for the weather for sure - but with tops like this it makes it much easier.  I love this more preppy top paired with the trendy mom-jeans for a fun combo of classic and trendy. It can be fun to mix and match styles like trendy, classic, boho or sporty together to give an outfit character and make it unique to you.

Happy National Stripes Day and Happy First Day of Summer - I hope you celebrate both in style today!










Outfit Details:
Top (runs true to size, I am in a small)
Jeans (I sized up one, I am in a 27)



 

site design by kiki co.