Friday, May 3, 2019

the Sephora sale!

Are you shopping the Sephora Sale!?!? I've said it before and I'll say it again... I am NO PRO when it comes to beauty. I love products that are super easy to use and in general I tend towards "safe" products without a lot of unnecessary ingredients.  Over the past 3-5 years I've been much more into beauty than ever. I'm obsessed with finding those tried and true products and anything that makes my sometimes trouble-some and definitely aging skin look better is a win for me.

Lately I've been shopping Sephora more and more.  About 99% of my makeup is from Beautycounter and a good chunk of my skincare is too... but lately I've been LOVING the safe/clean beauty product selection at Sephora too. I've found some great products that aren't available as part of the BC line but that I feel like my skin still needs,

Today I am rounding up what products I already OWN and LOVE. And then what is on my wishlist for the sale - which is growing at an alarming rate.  If you have questions about any products that I've tried I am happy to answer them in the comments! Use code: SUMMERSAVE for 15% off your order!


top row, from left: 

glopro micro needling tool - I bought this last fall and only used it a few times. Then this winter I started using it more and more and now a week doesn't pass that I don't use it at least twice. I notice immediate glowing results the next morning and I especially like to use it for overcoming breakouts (that terrible healing phase seems to speed up with this!) and I've been using it a ton after a little too much (accidental) sun exposure in Hawaii to get my skin back glowing and fight the sun spots.

coola spray - this stuff is pricey as heck. But again I am SO picky. This smells great and works great and doesn't feel weird on your skin.

not a perfume - I came across this in the most random way but now I consider it my signature scent. I knew it the first time I smelled it! Weird. Maybe. The packaging leaves much to be desired and the name is a little weird. But it smells amazing. Also it's key note is synthetic ambergris - google that at your own risk. But somehow it just works.

jade roller - are you using a jade roller yet? I was skeptical but after I use this in the morning - usually first thing... think wake up, brush teeth, put in contacts, jade roll - I can tell my face is instantly less puffy.  And is it just me or is a puffy face like the THING when you turn 40 or what? Ugh.

drunk elephant littles - I am OBSESSED with Drunk Elephant. They are doing amazing things in the "clean" beauty department. They carry some of the strongest and most effective products that are still considered safe, in my opinion. If you are interested in trying DE - this is a great place to start. The set is a little pricey but is SO full of goodness. I became obsessed with the B-hydra after trying it here. I also love the Umbra Tint for a tinted SPF, the Jelly Cleanser, and the Virgin Marula Oil. Every product is amazing though!

luna play plus - I actually got one of these in FabFitFun box about a year ago and I LOVE it. You can get really expensive versions of it but this small and inexpensive option works amazing. It's like a Clarisonic for your skin but doesn't need the brush replaced and is supposed to be better at keeping bacteria away. I love it to scrub my face after sunscreen use or when it's feel like it needs a deep clean.

middle row, from left:

baby facial - this is the first Drunk Elephant product I tried and still probably my favorite. This is about as good of a facial that you can get at home.  And now you can buy it in a small size to try it if the price scares you off. But don't be scared of the price. I've had mine a year now and it's still going strong and still 100% worth it in my opinion. Plus it comes with a free mini Virgin Marula Oil (which will also last forever because you just need the tiniest amount for your whole face!)

supergoop makeup setting spray - very similar to the coola setting spray and available in two sizes if you only want to try it I suggest the small size for a great price. This one smells like the spa!

coola makeup setting spray - I am crazy picky about sunscreen and this one is a favorite. You can spray this on a bare face (think day at the beach) or a face full of makeup (think sitting at sports). Either way it doesn't feel greasy or heavy and smells great.

herbivore pink cloud - I picked this up on vacation last year when I forgot a moisturizer. This stuff is AMAZING. It's really moisturizing without being heavy and smells great.  This is an item I will reorder when it's gone.

b-hydra intensive hydration serum - I've been using this for about 6 months after replacing it with a much more expensive B5 serum and I really like it. I can totally tell when I don't use it. I put it on after my VitC serum and before moisturizer.

bottom row, from left: 

t3 curling iron - I think my curling iron is dying and since I only paid $25, I'm not surprised. After falling in love with the t3 blow dryer I think I may splurge on the t3 curling iron. Any thoughts or tips?

biossance squalane + vitamin C oil - I tested this on the top of my hand when I was in Sephora recently and my skin there (which is usually thin and dry) was instantly plumped and softened. It's a little pricey but I am really itching to get my hands on it!

supergoop unseen sunscreen - I'm super interested in trying this for my kids. They hate sunscreen (what kid doesn't?) and my daughter has terrible reactions to most sunscreens on her face which is an unfun part of summer. I'm going to try this!

supergoop part & scalp powder SPF - my daughter and I always get sunburned on our hair part! Anyone else!?! This stuff is ingenious!

indie lee brightening cleanser - I'm always on the hunt for a face wash that is free of SLS. It's difficult to find one that still really, really removes makeup well. This one gets good reviews!

herbivore coconut bath soak - I'm a bath gal. I LOVE a good soak and I've heard good things about this one!



 

site design by kiki co.