Wednesday, May 29, 2019

my everyday style: two super mom friendly dresses for summer!

Can we talk about how difficult it is to just find SIMPLE and comfortable dresses for summer? Am I alone? I feel like it's either too dressy, to short, to whatever.  As a busy mom I love to have a few dresses in my summer wardrobe that I can just throw on and be comfortable in all day. Simple silhouettes without spaghetti straps, open backs and too short hemlines are all I am asking for!  I recently found these two after a lot of searching and they have quickly become my go-to weekend dresses. Once the weather warms up I'll likely be in them all week too.

This past weekend definitely started feeling like summer and I wore both dresses here. It felt amazing to be outside and spend time with the kids without tons of sports and homework. We have TWO weeks of school left and while my to-do list for those two weeks are insane - I will be ready for the schedule to slow down a bit.

First up is this simple black t-shirt dress - so simple in theory but not a lot of t-shirt dresses like this can be found. I love that it's lightweight but not too flimsy. This one is a touch on the short side. I feel comfortable in this length but if you wanted a little extra length I would suggest going up a size. Otherwise it's true to size, I am wearing a size small. I love it paired with a simple belt bag and denim jacket for a busy day out with the family.

Next up I've got this amazing tie waist ruched dress. This one has a little more of an athletic feel to it, but it can easily be layered with a jacket for a more pulled together look. I love it paired with the white Birkenstocks for a summer day hanging with the kids. I found this dress to be really comfortable and true to size. I am wearing a size small.









Outfit 1



Outfit 2



 

site design by kiki co.