Monday, March 18, 2019

my everyday style: stripes at the beach + my 30A recommendations!

My husband and I were lucky enough to get away for the weekend to 30A... I never tire of that place. It's so beautiful and relaxing, I am instantly at ease there. It was a little cloudier and cooler than we had hoped it would be but the luxury of getting away from the hustle and bustle of life just the two of us made the weekend a fun one despite the weather. I brought along this gorgeous striped sweater (it's on sale today!) and ended up wearing it quite a bit. Not only is it the perfect beachy color but it also is the perfect lightweight spring sweater for those days when it kind of feels like spring... but kind of not. I love it paired with these white denim shorts (you can see my full review of these shorts HERE) and simple sandals.

I've gotten A LOT of questions about 30A recommendations for lodging and dining.  We've been down three times and all three we have enjoyed staying in Watersound. There are so many great neighborhoods down here - you really can't go wrong! We've always booked through 360Blue and have had great experiences with them.   We don't eat out much down here - we always book a house and make meals there since that means more time at the beach and less at restaurants. But in our time down here we have found a few favorites... we like casual, family friendly places where we can pop in looking like beach bums and no one cares. ;)

Near Grayton Beach
Chiringo has delicious bowl style meals - I ordered the Grain Bowl with chicken and coconut sauce, which was amazing. I also ordered their infamous Frose (frozen rose drink) and really enjoyed that too. The kids love the upbeat vibe here and outdoor games (corn hole, etc)

Grayton Beer Brewpub is a local brewery and this restaurant serves all their beer (which is amazing!) and really great brewpub food. I ordered the Rose Gose beer (which I loved) and the Shrimp Dinner. Their hushpuppies were drool worthy and the coleslaw was good too. The seafood is amazing here in 30A so it goes without saying that the shrimp was delicious and oh so fresh.

Near Seaside
Shrimp Shack is great for super fresh seafood right on the beach. You can order and then sit in their outdoor covered pavilion overlooking the ocean. It's the best view! We like to order the peel and eat shrimp, some bags of chips and Coronas and dig in. Their lobster roll was delicious too - but the shrimp is my favorite

Food trucks... there are tons of great food trucks in Seaside. We've tried the shaved ice and crepes and both were really, really delicious. Especially those crepes!

Near Santa Rosa Beach
Old Florida Fish House has great sushi even though when you walk in it feels more like a steakhouse. I think they have outdoor dining - we ate inside and it was kind of dark and subdued. Definitely try to eat outside!

The Perfect Pig supposedly has amazing brunch and breakfast, but we missed it by an hour. Instead we had lunch and it was AMAZING. I had the salmon salad and my husband had the tomato avocado salad and both were very, very delicious. (there is another NEW Perfect Pig location in Watercolor too)











Outfit Details:
Sweater - 30% off today!
Shorts (shop them here or here)
Sandals - tons of color options!



 

site design by kiki co.