Wednesday, January 16, 2019

my everyday style: desert date night!

When we visited the desert over Christmas break I had the CUTEST outfits planned for the trip and I was SO excited to photograph them for the blog... but as I mentioned in THIS post it ended up being so cold (and even snowed!) that most of the outfits were scraped last minute as I shoved coats and jackets in my suitcase last minute.  We had a great trip in the end... but I didn't come back with as much vacation inspiration for you gals as I had hoped for.  I quickly snapped the outfit in THIS post and then one more here for a little night out...

I am OBSESSED with olive green lately... I've noticed it's finding it's way into my shopping cart and outfits on a pretty regular basis these days. I have to say I am NOT mad about it. It's yet another neutral to love.  I love that olive green pairs well with browns, blacks, creamy whites, denim... you name it!  This top is super cute with blue jeans here, but it would look great more dressed up with black jeans or it's perfect for spring with white jeans as well.  If you haven't seen THIS Instagram post yet... you will see what I mean, it's such a versatile color.  I love this classic combo of pairing blue jeans (this pair is on sale!) with the olive top and loafers. And seriously how cute is this woven bag? It's a great price and SO cute for any spring vacation... I couldn't resist snagging it for our trip.

Also let's talk about the "mom jean" trend... this isn't the first time you have seen this style here on the blog (you can see another look here with a pink cardigan or here!).  It's a style I am really enjoying exploring... there is no way I am ditching my skinny jeans to go exclusively to this straight leg style - but it's fun to wear now and then. I particularly love the cropped cut of this style since I am on the shorter side I love a good cropped jean in general.










Outfit Details:
Jeans - this pair is on sale!



 

site design by kiki co.