Monday, November 5, 2018

my everyday style: my current favorite athleisure picks!

I general I wear fitness clothes for working out and not much beyond that unless I sneak in a few errands after a barre class.  But lately there have been some "fitness" apparel that I've added to my closet that definitely blurs the line with the everyday clothing. The "athleisure" trend is real and there are so many pieces available these days where it's hard to tell where the line is drawn between "is this for workouts?" and "is this for everyday?" Or the "workout" pieces are just SO good you can't help wearing them for errands or weekends.

Two pieces that I've been particularly loving lately are these leggings and these sneakers. Both pieces clock in at under $100 (bonus!) and are seriously SO SO good.  After tons of bloggers were raving about these leggings I had to check them out for myself.  At only $54 they are HALF the price of most leggings these days and are super soft and flattering.  The high waist is ultra comfortable and while I like mine longer (you can see they bunch a bit at the bottom) - they are also available in a midi or crop length for us shorter gals.  They really, truly live up to the hype!  After hearing Gwenyth Paltrow talking non-stop about these sneakers on her podcast (okay, fine it was an AD - I was definitely influenced by Gwenyth!) I had to check them out.  They are ANOTHER under $100 find and I've been wearing them so much it's almost a crime at this point.  So much so I just ordered another pair! Eek!  I am wearing the color Rain Cloud here and I just ordered them in Wild Indigo too. I'm obsessed with the fabric feel to them, the soft cushiony insoles and I love the leather accents, which seem to dress them up a bit. I seriously can't say enough good things about them!

Pieces like these leggings and sneakers are great to pair with a casual hoodie and quilted jackets for cool days running errands, getting chores done around the house or just general "weekending" activities.










Outfit Details:
Leggings - runs true to size



 

site design by kiki co.