Friday, November 16, 2018

the holiday capsule collection! (post 3)

Today wraps up the the holiday capsule collection on the blog... I sincerely hope you enjoyed it and found lots of inspiration for holiday outfits over the past few days! If you want a full review you can see ALL the outfit details here... or I included a full montage of all 12 looks and the 10 pieces I used to create them below.

Let's recap: This past week I have been mixing and matching 10 wardrobe pieces into 12 (TWELVE!) holiday outfits.  I've got something for everyone here from casual parties, to work parties, to fancy holiday parties, for New Years Eve or just hanging with family to celebrate the season! However you celebrate, for whatever you celebrate or how you celebrate... I truly, truly hope that there is an outfit here for you!

So here's the deal: today I am featuring the final 4 (FOUR!) of the 12 looks. Let's quick chat about the pieces I chose and why.  I included plenty of layering pieces for all climates, so if it's very cold where you live for the holidays or only a little cool - or heck, even if it's warm where you live! - there is something here for you that is festive and fun and sure to make you feel like a million bucks this holiday season.  For layering pieces I chose a leopard jacketa cozy knit cardigan and a plaid blazer.  For letting those legs show I chose a gorgeous sequin pencil skirt and a little black dress (this one happens to be my favorite but any black dress will do!).  For jeans-gals like myself I went with a pair of black coated denim (they look like leather but they are soft and stretchy, I've owned this pair for years and love them) and a VERY fun pair of jewel embellished boyfriend jeans.  For tops I went with the classics: plaid (similar, but any plaid will do!), stripes and one very fun pearl embellished tee - I love the pearls on this top!

Without further ado... let's get mixing and matching!!!


Outfit NINE (below)
This might be my favorite of the entire bunch... and I will tell you why: this dress basically feels as soft as pjs and this coat is SO warm.  So in my opinion it's one of the most comfy in the whole line up AS WELL as being crazy cute and fun! So it's truly the best of both worlds... This gorgeous look is perfect for a dressy Christmas church service, a swanky holiday party or ringing in the New Year!
(shop the pieces: dress, similar leopard jacket, bag, shoes)





Outfit TEN (below)
Feeling casual AND festive? Then I have the PERFECT look for you. this one is so ME that it is definitely a favorite (I mean, they are all really my favorite... it's impossible to choose!).  I love the laid back vibe of this look while still be super fun and chic for any holiday gathering. Combining a pearl embellished tee with a fun pair of embellished jeans is just next level.  Then if you live somewhere chilly like me a cozy cardigan over top is perfect to stay warm!  I love this look for your holiday book club, Christmas Eve at home or just a cozy holiday date night.





Outfit ELEVEN (below)
Switching back to another look that is ready to PAR-TAY - you can never go wrong with a little faux fur and sequins together to get in the holiday mood! I love that this look pairs a dressier skirt with a very simple top, making it easy to pull together and comfortable to wear at the same time. I would wear this look for a fun white elephant gift exchange with friends, Christmas Eve church services or a fun holiday date night. 






Outfit TWELVE (below)
Can you believe we've already mixed and matched TWELVE looks!?!? This is our final look... but also another one that is dear to my heart... this outfit is very "ME" and one that I can not wait to recreate this holiday season. Coated leather-look jeans, a plaid top and a cozy cardigan is about as easy and mom-friendly as it gets! I threw on some heels to jazz it up, but flats would be fine here too. This is such an easy look to recreate from your own wardrobe too! It would be perfect for Christmas Day with family or any festive but casual get together.
(shop the pieces: cardigan, similar plaid top, jeans, bag, shoes)








 

site design by kiki co.