Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November Beauty Edit - 2018!

I just LOVE playing around with beauty products these days. Now that I've hit 40 years old I am more committed to keeping my skin looking great than ever and I also just genuinely love trying new products and experimenting. It's like my hobby lately... the researching, the trying, reading reviews, etc. I'm always looking for products that are as safe as can be while still being EFFECTIVE.  I have lines, wrinkles and some acne scaring that I'm always trying to make better so I am really committed to finding products that actually work. Not just products that claim to work.  Here are some of my favorites these days, quite a few of these are new products that have recently worked their way into my routine.  It usually takes me anywhere from a week to a month to know if I like a product.  So all of these are quite well vetted... read on to see why I am loving them!



I absolutely LOVE the packaging of all the HERBIVORE products but packaging alone isn't enough to know if it works. Samples from Sephora are a great way to try new products and as soon as I sampled this Pink Cloud moisturizer I knew it was a winner. HERBIVORE is a safe beauty brand with an impressive amount of products (I also got a sample of this cool product, but I haven't tried it yet... I will report back!).  This moisturizer is incredibly soft and luxurious without being greasy at all.

I've been loving the DRUNK ELEPHANT line lately... this is another safe beauty brand that highly values results.  Their Drunk Elephant Babyfacial (it's available in a few sizes) is almost as good as a professional facial, I'm not lying - you will see INSTANT results with this product. Which I am all about. I also just started using their Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Serum (try it in a small size here for less) everyday instead of a pricier  product that was similar and I am loving the results with that as well.

My hairstylist was RAVING about this new cherry shampoo & conditioner from Aveda a few visits ago, so I decided to try it and OMG. I love them.  This is another product that actually delivers what it promises - which I feel like is so rare lately. My hair is much softer after using these!

I've use the Biologique Rescherche Lotion p50 for about a year - it has a cult following, but it's hard to buy online and it's expensive.  I saw a blogger saying that this tarte knockout tingling treatment was a great dupe for it - and you guys, it totally is!  I use this every morning. But it's very strong and will make your face tingly when you first start using it... so start just a few nights a week and work up  to daily. It's GREAT for breakouts and fine lines, I see a definite difference with using this product.

I have been using Beautycounter for many, many years and I am also a consultant because I love the products and the mission so much. I first fell in love with Beautycounter after trying their facial oils so long ago! If you are interested in trying a facial oil this mini oil set is available for a limited time. My favorite is the No. 2 - but try them and see which is your favorite! They are great for winter because they moisturize without feeling greasy or leading to breakouts.

If you are interested in starting with safe beauty or Beautycounter and you don't know where to start I highly recommend this Best of Beautycounter set.  I love ALL of these products and it's a great value to try new products and see how they work for you.  You can see all the Beautycounter holiday sets HERE - they are a great value for gifts or to treat yourself!

Lastly, as I always say I really want/need to see results from products I buy. After getting lost in a major internet rabbit hole I came across some insane before and afters from using a Glo Pro - so I snagged one for myself.  They aren't cheap, but after using 3-4x a week I can see a MAJOR difference in my acne scarring and sun spots.  The key with this product is consistency, but I've been impressed so far!

Let me know if you have any questions about any of these products or I would love to hear what products and brands you are loving lately!




 

site design by kiki co.