Thursday, October 18, 2018

what to pack: fall weekend away!

This past weekend my husband and I got away for a glorious anniversary trip to Northern Michigan.  I always LOVE a good weekend away and especially in the fall when the weeks are so busy and getting away feels like a true retreat.  We have a few more weekends on the road coming up soon for some family fun and I was inspired to pull together a super easy packing list for a weekend road trip this fall.  Fall weekends on the road usually mean lots of layers, unpredictable weather and having outfits for a little bit of everything from lounging, to dinners out, to shopping.  I like to pack versatile pieces I won't mind wearing and re-wearing all weekend and pieces that layer well. I absolutely want to be comfortable AND pulled together and I truly believe the best of both worlds is possible.

I absolutely LOVE all these pieces I pulled together here because they are versatile and casual while still being cute and stylish a the same time.  Layering is key for fall and I love the idea of a pair of black jeans, a plaid flannel and sneakers for a busy day in and out of the car and sightseeing.  You can add a coat or fleece pullover or even just a vest overtop depending on the weather.  Pairing a gorgeous fair isle sweater with button front jeans and wedges is season appropriate and perfect for dining out or shopping.  I always throw in a few extra possible layers like a cardigan a pom pom hat and a scarf to put on and off as needed. Whenever I travel I like to pack my most comfortable pajamas and a warm pair of cozy socks to make a night in a hotel feel as cozy as home. A classic hold all leather tote like this leather one is perfect for filling with water bottles, snacks or your shopping treasures.

Are you headed away on a fall weekend getaway soon? If so, happy travels!





 

site design by kiki co.