Wednesday, September 5, 2018

my everyday style: for those HOT fall days!

We have had the hottest end to summer that I can remember... maybe that's my own selective memory, but I just don't remember temps in the high 80s all the way straight into September. Usually we get a few premature peeks at fall weather in August and September even if they are short lived. I've been in the mood for fall clothes in the worst way, but since most days we just aren't even close weather-wise I've been looking for pieces that FEEL like fall, but that are still suitable for these hot days we've been having.

So for all you ladies that live in the south that are always commenting that your fall doesn't start for a while yet... this outfit is for you!  Fall is the best and I feel for you gals that you don't get it until so late... it's definitely a perk of living in the midwest in my book. I LOVE that cool crisp air that arrives in September.  But come winter (January - April) the south has the better deal without all the terrible cold and snow!  I guess that's just the natural trade off!

This grey midi dress is PERFECT for those types of days... comfortable and casual and perfect for a warm day.  Add a denim jacket or cardigan for cool mornings or evenings and it will take you all the way through September (or longer if you live further south) without giving off too much of a "summer" vibe. While I'm "over" tanks and shorts I don't mind giving my favorite sandals a little more playing time until the weather cools.  I've worn this gold pair a TON this summer and since I'll be sad to pack them away until spring, I definitely need to squeeze in a few more wears.











Outfit Details:



 

site design by kiki co.