Thursday, May 10, 2018

personal styling services with Trunk Club!

Have you ever tried a personal stylist? Would you? I've tried Trunk Club (by Nordstrom) a few times and I thought I would share my experience here in case you were interested in checking out the service.  I have to say of all the "personal stylist" services I have tried this one is my favorite. I don't order boxes very often but every couple of months my stylist there will reach out and ask me if I'd like a new box - so what the heck?! Why not?  I am a super picky shopper so some pieces are more of a "miss" than a "hit" but what I love about the service (whether I love the exact pieces or not) is that it always allows me to get out of my comfort zone a bit. I can always count on a handful of items that I will LOVE and a handful of items that I never would have tried and am so glad I did.

You can sign up for your first Trunk HERE - and you can specify your budget, the style you need and any personal preferences you may have.  You can get Trunks for upcoming special events like weddings, vacations, new mama status and even workout and fitness attire. The sky is the limit! Just let your stylist know exactly what you are looking for and then remember to have fun with it and stay open minded.  There is a $25 styling fee but you can waive it by purchasing anything from your box OR if you are a Nordstrom card holder and there is no obligation to buy.  You have 5 days to try on everything at home and then they supply a shipping label to ship whatever you didn't like back for free.  You are only charged for what you keep.  It's so easy and fun!

Here are the pieces that were in my most recent trunk...

(above) First up was this gorgeous boho top and denim shorts. I never would have chosen this top for myself but I LOVE it. I'm wearing an XS here.  Also in my trunk was these budget friendly denim shorts. I actually needed a new pair and I love that the are stretchy and can be cuffed up (like shown) or worn down for a longer length if you prefer. 

(above) I absolutely adored this navy ruffle hem dress. It's flattering and comfortable and would be PERFECT for a summer wedding, graduation or shower. I am wearing a size 2 here for reference. 

(above) This adorable daisy sweatshirt is the perfect example of something I would never try but that I ended up loving. It's super soft (which is always my weakness) and would be perfect for cool summer nights or just casual weekends paired with shorts and Birkenstocks. I'm wearing a size small for reference.

(above) You know I am a sucker for stripes so I couldn't resist this adorable striped tee. It's under $20 and such a great wardrobe staple. I'm wearing a size small for reference. 

(above) This classic racerback "little black dress" is perfect for everyday wear or to be dressed up for an event or with a blazer for a summer day in the office.  It's a great price point and runs true to size. I'm wearing an XS here but it was a little snug up top, I would go for a small instead. Also to be noted: this dress is available in lots of great colors too!

(above) How adorable is this floral ruffle sleeve top? It's airy and lightweight and would be perfect for super hot summer days or summer concerts. I'm wearing an XS.

(above) Truth be told I prefer the grey daisy sweatshirt over this one by far - but this one is a super soft terry cloth and I love the banded neckline. Very cute!

(above) This dress is another that is outside my comfort zone but that was really flattering. The cut of this maxi dress is amazing and it's also super comfortable to wear, which is a bit win. This would be great for a wedding and if you are expecting, it would be great with a bump!

(above) I really like the cut of this grey wrap dress. Even though it is cotton it is fully lined making it quite flattering with the addition of the wrap waist detail.  And the asymmetrical hem is fun too! To be honest, I think THIS dress at half the price is a better value and easier to wear instead.



 

site design by kiki co.