Tuesday, May 15, 2018

my everyday style: denim short obsession!

I just LOVE a good pair of denim shorts... I remember shopping at thrift stores for old beat up jeans when I was in high school just so I could cut them off at home. It's been a long time love affair. As I've gotten older I've found it can be tricky to find a flattering and comfortable pair.  I've got a few more curves now and I would bet that I'm a little pickier on cut and length too.  And while I might have a little extra cash to spend (versus the $3 at the thrift store back in the 90's) I still don't want to break the bank. Some denim shorts are SO expensive - sheesh! This pair is comfortable, flattering, mom-friendly and clocks in right under $50. So it really checks all the boxes!  I wore them constantly on spring break and I can't wait to wear them more this summer! I'm wearing a 26 here - when in doubt I always size UP on denim shorts for a roomier fit, the last thing you want is too small denim shorts, amiright!??!

I love pairing a pair of shorts with an easy spring/summer weight sweater. This lace up sweater is SUCH a gem. Perfect for chilly spring/summer mornings or evenings or even throwing over a swimsuit on a windy beach day. I did all the above when we were down in 30A last month. I usually hang dry my sweaters but I was thrilled when this accidentally went through the washer and dryer that it held up great and was still the same size and kept it's softness as well. Comfortable and easy to take care of!











Outfit Details:
Similar Bag (here, here and here)
Similar Necklace (mine is from Rocksbox, use code JILLBFF4 for your first month FREE!)
Birkenstocks (find them here, here or here)




 

site design by kiki co.