Thursday, May 3, 2018

my everyday style: the best dress EVER!

I'm going to risk being a little on the dramatic side when I say that honestly, this is the BEST DRESS EVER.  I know, right!?!? Soooo dramatic. But I just can't get enough of this dress and I will give you a few reasons why.  ONE. It's the perfect length... almost at the knees, but not quite makes for a super flattering and really easy dress to wear. No one wants their dress scooting up on them. This girl included. TWO. It's crazy flattering. The ruching is in all the right places here ladies. This dress gives me an hourglass figure and I don't even have an hourglass figure... wait, what is an hourglass figure even!?! Trust me, it's flattering. THREE. It's comfortable. Ever put on a dress that made you feel like a million bucks and then you couldn't move in it? What use is that? This is nice stretchy cotton that you can move in all day. FOUR. It's available in lots and lots of colors - so find a color you like and go wild! I personally own it in black and the grey shown here. I wouldn't mind a navy either, just saying. FIVE. It's affordable. Clocking in at just $56 you really can't beat the price. SIX. It's versatile.  Family brunch, baby showers, wedding showers, girls lunches, girls night out, bachelorette parties, weddings, date night, to the office with a blazer and the list goes on - you could even throw on a pair of sneakers and run errands in this dress.  You can wear it on it's own or with a leather jacket, denim jacket (as I did here), army green jacket or a cardigan. Whatever your heart desires... this dress has got you covered.

Have I talked you into yet!?!? If not... it also has over 1,700 positive reviews - so I mean. Yeah, sold. I am wearing a size small here, so I would say it runs true to size with mine fitting nice and snug but not too snug. I would call it perfectly snug. If you are worried it might be too snug maybe go up a size.

I recently wore this dress while on spring break for a morning of brunching and exploring. And I just can't tell you how much I love it.  I'll go ahead and mention the elephant in the room here - YES, my legs got crazy sunburnt. Sheesh. It was the weirdest thing, I never really sunburn. I have no idea what happened... thankfully it tanned right up. But people, use your sunscreen! I was positive I put enough on, but apparently not. Let's not talk about it again, kay?











Outfit Details:
Dress (available in lots of colors!)
Round Straw Tote (similar, similar or similar)



 

site design by kiki co.