Tuesday, April 3, 2018

my everyday style: hello sunshine!

The Gleason family is OFFICIALLY on spring break this week... I have a few posts queued up for you here and I will for sure be over on Instagram all week.  So catch me there for spring break fun and adventures. Although I'm not sure how "adventurous" the week will be.  We have a few things planned but mostly I plan to plop myself at the beach or pool and read and sip on iced tea for 7 days straight so... you know. I can't promise anything too crazy.

I don't talk too much about family life here on the blog - but if there is one thing to know about our family is that we LOVE vacationing.  We are always reminiscing about past trips as a family over the dinner table or in our everyday conversations around the house and we spend almost as much time scheming our next trips.  The kids get pretty hyped about it as well... they are constantly asking about where we should go on our next trip and if you ask them our next trip should always be Hawaii! I don't blame them - that was one of our favorite trips as a family.

We never traveled when the kids were little, which I kind of regret... but at the same time we just never had the energy or the money for it.  Now that they are older I see each trip as such a gift.  My son is in 7th grade - which means he potentially has only 5 more spring break trips with us after this one. It's crazy how time flies like that. I want to make sure that my kids have fond memories of these days when it was just the four of us... they will soon be over as they go out and find their own path in life and eventually their own significant others.  This one week together puts us that much closer to their adult lives.  So it's one where we slow down, relax and enjoy our time together as much as possible.









On me:

On my daughter:



 

site design by kiki co.