Wednesday, April 18, 2018

my everyday style: beaching cruising + details on our recent vacation!

Tell me, are you a bike person? I haven't ridden a bike in years... maybe even decades at this point. Our vacation home in Florida with stocked with these awesome beach cruisers and at first I was pretty resistant to riding them.  I'm not a huge fan of bikes and I'll be honest, I'm not very good at riding them either. There were definitely a few near crashes and falls.  But in the end I really got the hang of it... isn't there a cliche about that!?!? (wink, wink) We had more than a few family adventures on them and really... bikes and beaches go hand in hand, so it was inevitable.

I have had SO many questions about our recent trip to Florida! We stayed in the 30A area of Florida in the Florida panhandle.  We booked our trip through 360Blue which I can not recommend enough - this isn't sponsored - they have a gorgeous portfolio of homes to rent with great amenities and customer service. It was truly an amazing experience.

Let's get on to the outfit... I've more than gotten my worth out of these budget-friendly white jeans for spring and summer. If you remember from my Instagram stories I loved the fit but the length was a little long - so I chopped them off myself for the trendy raw hem look.  All it takes is a rough measurement and a swift chop with scissors - easy peasy! This relaxed striped tee was also a vacation staple. It was easy to throw on in the morning for donut runs or over a swim suit for heading to the beach.  Plus it's available in a few color options. You guys have heard me rave endlessly about these gold Birkenstocks but I really can't say enough about my love for them. They are so insanely comfortable and easy to wear from running errands, to heading to the beach or pool or even for riding bikes as a family. I'm seriously considering another pair (maybe in white?) simply because they get SO much wear. Last year sizes and specifically this color sold out quickly... so if you are thinking of snagging them - do it quick!












Outfit Details:



 

site design by kiki co.