Thursday, April 19, 2018

healthy living: 25 healthy and easy meal ideas!



You gals have really been enjoying my healthy living posts lately.  From what I am stocking in my fridge to what healthy snacks we love, my journey with weight loss as I approach 40 and finding a nutrition program that REALLY works for me and of course my favorite smoothie recipes - which is a very popular post - you've made it loud and clear. You are loving this new type of content! Of course, there will still be plenty of fashion around here - so do not fret - but it's fun to mix in some new content as well.

The number one request I have been getting is for more meal planning ideas or a 'daily menu' type post.  Every day is so different in our house depending on our kids sports schedule, my husbands travel schedule and just because of life in general.  I am assuming your house is the same!  So instead I thought I would pull together one BIG list of all the meals we like like a glossary. So if you need ideas... they are all in one place! I am less likely to follow "recipes" for meals and more to follow a general formula or an idea and throw it together quick. I just don't have time to pull together tons of ingredients or prep a lot.  Without further ado.... here are all the meals we like, I tried to link as many to recipes if you need help pulling them together, but I promise they are so insanely easy once you make them once you will be good!

If you are following the FWTFL program like I am, I will denote low carb meals with a (*) - we try to make low carb days as delicious and easy as possible so those meals are great for any night of the week as well, not just low carb days. If I choose a low-carb meal on a regular day I will simply add a cup of fruit or other healthy carbs like a sweet potato with it to balance my macros.

Breakfast
For breakfast I usually do a protein shake or if I am on the go I included some great on the go options too. Planning is key for me for breakfast to start the day strong.

Protein Shakes (see 4 recipes here - 2 regular and 2 low-carb*), Omelette (I like to do one egg and one egg white with whatever veggies I have on hand and a sprinkle of cheese), Chia Pudding*, Ezekiel Bread with Almond Butter* (optional: add sliced apples on top), Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites*, Kodiak Protein Pancakes (my kids love these on the weekends!)


Lunch
I am more likely to grab lunch out so I included my fast-food hacks for staying healthy. If I am at home I will commonly have leftovers from the previous nights dinner.

Panera Green Goddess Salad with Chicken*, Starbucks Protein Boxes*, Chik Fil A salad with grilled chicken,  Chipotle Salad (greens, meat, salsa, cheese, guacamole* - get guac on the side if you are on a regular macro day), Sandwich meat rolled with string cheese or pickles*, Easy chicken salad* (1 cup chopped chicken, 1/2 cup may, 1/2 cup chopped celery, salt & pepper, this is perfect for making at the beginning of the week and keeping on hand for lunches)

Dinner
Dinners for our family are quick and easy with minimal ingredients! 

Meatballs with zoodles*,  Asian salad with chicken*,  Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice*, Sausages with Buffalo Cauliflower*, My favorite pot roast, Chili, Quinoa salad, Baked Gnocchi, Mexican rice bowls (swap cauliflower rice for low carb*), Chicken Masala Wraps, Greek Chicken with Salad, Salmon with Broccoli* (the easiest combo that somehow never disappoints!), Salad + Protein* (this is a no-brainer but for eating out or at home you can never go wrong with a simple salad with a protein like chicken, salmon or shrimp on the side - I especially love the pre-bagged salads at the grocery store for super quick prep)

I hope you found this helpful! Don't forget that the next round of FWTFL starts MONDAY - I would love to have you join me! This program is so amazing, I can't say enough good things about it... you can read my full post about my experience here.

 

site design by kiki co.