Friday, March 9, 2018

healthy living: 4 protein powered smoothies that I love!

I am REALLY excited to bring you guys this post today! Since starting the FWTFL program and seeing amazing results with weight loss and muscle definition (get more details here) one of the daily nutrition practices I've been leaning on is protein smoothies in the morning. Historically I have always loved making healthy smoothies, but I wasn't really into adding protein powder to them.  Why? Because I just don't really LOVE protein powder... most people feel the same. The taste is a little weird and they can be a little pricey, so I just skipped the protein powder.  But now that I have learned so much about FUELING my body the RIGHT way - I'm never going back to my old ways.

Smoothies can be a black hole of calories and sugar if you aren't careful - which I learned the hard way.  Through the FWTFL I have learned about eating the right foods at the right times for the right reasons and have seen incredible results!  These smoothie recipes were created with that framework in mind and even if you aren't doing the FWTFL program like I am you can benefit from these carefully balanced and SUPER EASY meal replacement protein smoothies to power you through your day.  If you are currently doing the FWTFL program then I think you will love adding these to your day as a breakfast or lunch meal replacement or healthy afternoon snack to balance out your macros.  If you are interested in learning more about this amazing FAT BURNING program that has changed my life you can sign up here or read about my journey with it here (including super awkward before and after photos - eek!).  The next session starts SOON - I would love for you to join me... you can sign up here!

For protein powder I personally love this protein powder (in the Vanilla or Chocolate) or this one (I've only tried the Vanilla).  I choose PLANT based protein powder because the whey-based protein powder doesn't agree with my stomach.  If you are new to protein powders I like to try the sample packs first to see if I like them - you don't want to buy a whole tub and realize you don't like the flavor.  I also buy these easy plastic cups if I am on the go for the day... having something disposable makes a healthy lunch or breakfast so much easier.

But on to the smoothie recipes!!!


~~~

 Above: Raspberry Vanilla... this one is SO delicious and hello - pink!  This smoothie is ideal for a regular or low-macro day.  
Ingredients:
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk Unsweetened
1 Cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Banana
3-4 ice cubes and blend!
(stats: 314 calories, 24g protein, 43g carbs, 15g fiber, 7g fat)

Above: Chocolate Banana... this one is like drinking a chocolate shake and great for days when you have a little (or big!) chocolate craving!  This smoothie is ideal for a regular or low-macro day (you can also add a big handful of spinach to this one for extra fiber).  
Ingredients:
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
1 Banana
3-4 ice cubes and blend!
(stats: 260 calories, 22g protein, 30g carbs, 7g fiber, 7g fat)

Above: Creamy Nutty... this one is a favorite for my low carb days. It's delicious and filling.  High quality fats like almond butter are ideal for low carb days to stay feeling full for longer.
Ingredients:
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk Unsweetened
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Almond Butter
1 Teaspoon of Chia Seeds
3-4 ice cubes and blend!
(stats: 332 calories, 28g protein, 13g carbs (4 NET carbs), 9g fiber, 20g fat)

Above: Avocado Green Machine... this is another blend I depend on for low carb days. It's SO incredibly creamy and filling!  Again, you really want to focus on high quality fats like avocado on low carb days.
Ingredients:
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk Unsweetened
1 Cup Spinach
1/2 Avocado
3-4 ice cubes and blend!
(stats: 284 calories, 23g protein, 12g carbs (2 NET carbs), 10g fiber, 17g fat)


All of the recipes above are calculated with the VEGA Protein powder I linked to above. So if you use a different powder your results may differ a little on the nutrition stats.  These are the recipes I personally LOVE - so I hope you enjoy them as well.  


 

site design by kiki co.