Thursday, March 15, 2018

my everyday style: spring break ready with a little black dress!

For warm weather - and especially for warm weather vacations - I used to be a strictly 'shorts and a t-shirt' kind of gal. I just never got into dresses much or really thought about dresses as an option. Now that I think about it I am not sure why! It just wasn't on my radar.  But more and more for warm weather and especially for vacations to warm weather where I just want to chill, relax and be comfortable I am turning to dresses more and more.

The tricky part is that it can be difficult to find easy and comfortable dresses that are still flattering.  I usually go for a natural fabric like cotton or t-shirt material and I just want it to be stretchy and easy. You know!?!? Like this isn't prom or a wedding, I just need an everyday dress - or five everyday dresses, whatever.

I usually go for black first (duh) because I love that it's easy to dress up or down for dinner or just for throwing over a swimsuit at the pool.  And listen, maxi dresses totally had their moment like 6 years ago, but I still love them. How much more forgiving can a dress be!?!? I love how long and flowy this one is while still having a fitted top so it's still flattering.  This dress is ready for sightseeing or dinner out on vacation or for a busy day of errands when the weather warms with sandals and a denim jacket.  And since I love an easy black dress so much for spring, I rounded up quite a few options below if the maxi dress isn't your thing.  If a maxi dress is your thing... this one is a steal at only under $30!











Outfit Details:


Or shop some fun little black dresses perfect for everyday wear here...

 

site design by kiki co.