Wednesday, March 28, 2018

my everyday style: the easiest spring outfit!

Recently during a bout of extreme creative burnout I took to Instagram stories to ask: what do you guys even want me talking about when I post outfits on the blog? I feel like I talk about the weather a lot (for this outfit it was mid-40s but I wanted to avoid a coat, so a cardigan was the perfect alternative and in the end I added a scarf, not shown here), or why I like a certain piece (this cardigan isn't only SUPER soft, it has near perfect drape to it - which can often be elusive, you know?) or I try to tell a funny or interesting photo (spoiler alert: my life is not that interesting or funny... but does my hair getting stuck in my lip gloss because of the wind make for a good story!??! hm, probably not... too basic).  Many of you gals responded that you are often curious about the inspiration for an outfit... where I get outfit ideas or how I come up with a look.

I simply dress for my mood.  Which is going to be much more elusive to explain than that perfect drape to a sweater I am always searching for.  Usually I go for comfort and ease while keeping in mind what's on the docket for the day.  I tend towards knits over woven pieces, fun fact, because a crisp button front top usually makes me want to crawl out of my skin. Also, this time of year I like to wear layers to avoid bulky outerwear, so I have to keep that in mind.  Then I think about what the day holds... this was a Sunday outfit a few weekends back and I knew we had kids sports (indoor, thankfully) some errands and hopefully a nap on the plan for the day. This girl LOVES a good Sunday nap session.  Either way I wanted something that would be comfortable and easy for a little bit of this and a little bit of that and would pair well with a good book.  This is the outfit that comes to mind when all those things are on the to-do list for the day.

I also think this outfit combination is super versatile as well. I could have easily gone for a cute pair of sneakers over flats or if I had a meeting or appointment I probably would have ditched the distressed jeans and gone for regular skinny jeans.  To really up the ante a pair of wedges or heels could even be worn with this top/cardigan combo to make it perfect for a casual girls night out or date night or even a casual Friday at the office.  Even adding a bolder necklace could really take this outfit to the next level for a baby shower or lunch with friends.  This easy combo could seriously be dressed up and down in so many ways - the options are endless!










Outfit Details:
T-shirt (these are my favorite! So soft and inexpensive)


 

site design by kiki co.