Monday, March 26, 2018

my everyday style: classic stripes!

If you've read this blog for any amount of time, long or short, you know I LOVE stripes. They are just so easy and fun to wear and since I don't tend towards a lot of pattern or color, it's pretty much the only way I "mix" it up a bit in my wardrobe.  Which is kind of hilarious actually. I really live on the edge, huh!?!?  But I know what I like and so I stick with it... I don't think there is anything wrong with that at ALL.  Especially as I get older and older... I've talked about how I am turning 40 this year and I really feel like I am into my grove in life. If I like skinny jeans and striped tops... why go in another direction? It works! And I like it!  That may mean that some day I will be 80 years old still wearing this combo and people will think I'm crazy.  But I am okay with that. haha!

That is why I love finding my favorite styles like striped tops... in new and fresh silhouettes.  Like the twist back on this top.  How fun is this!?!? I just love it!  The twist at the back is perfect with high waisted jeans and I love how it pulls the top in at the waist making it super flattering.  And if stripes aren't your cup of tea... this top also comes in a few solid colors as well.  This top in pink or grey would be darling with a pair of leggings for an athleisure look as well.  And I plan on wearing this striped top with white jeans as the spring progresses.

Now you want a funny story about this outfit!?!? We took photos of this outfit weeks ago... and the lighting was perfect and I found this perfect hue of pink tulips to go in my bag as a prop (hey, a blogger has to have some props from time to time!) and we took the photos in this darling little alley way we found in downtown Grand Rapids that we had never found before.  It was perfection.  Then I went to edit the photos and not one was decent.  Why? Due to the FWTFL my jeans didn't fit. Like at all. And in the rush of prepping for photos - we shoot multiple looks at once and it's kind of chaos and I usually change in my car without a mirror (so glamorous, right!?!?) - I hadn't even noticed that my pants were basically falling off my body and looked ridiculous.  So... a reshoot was in order.  I have to say this isn't the first time we've had to reshoot - anything from not checking the lighting or the focus to having a huge dog nearly run me down while trying to shoot and every look on my face was me trying to hide my terror or try to be calm when my heart was racing or one time it was snowing so hard and all the photos had snowflakes in the most awkward places like over my eye balls or stuck in my hair like dandruff... but this was definitely the first time we've had to reshoot because my pants were falling off.  Haha!  I guess the proof is in the pudding... or the skinny jeans, in this case.









Outfit Details:

Ready for your jeans to fall off because they are too big!?!? Haha! Read my full blog post about my weight loss journey this year here.

SaveSave

 

site design by kiki co.