Wednesday, February 28, 2018

my everyday style: the perfect trench coat for spring!

It's really starting to feel like spring here in the Midwest and I couldn't be more thrilled... I'm slowly transitioning my wardrobe from sweaters/vests/boots/jeans/coats on repeat (ad nauseum) to more lighter weight layers like long sleeve t-shirts or lightweight sweaters with lightweight jackets.  Listen, we aren't out of the clear by any means with winter weather... but I am loving the at least consistently ABOVE freezing temps.  Yesterday it was 60! What a treat! So as much as I can I'm putting away the puffers and the wool coats for something that feels a little fresher while still keeping me comfortable.I often feel like I am constantly talking about weather on the blog... but when you live in the Midwest, planning outfits means planning around the weather.  We unfortunately have to be as practical as possible around here!

A new trench coat was on my wishlist for spring this year and while I love the classic mid-thigh trench, I have found that style can easily look overwhelming on my more petite frame. When I saw this cropped version I knew it would be a fun and flattering alternative to the classic, while still serving a purpose. Trench coats are a must have for spring because they not only are water repellent... hello spring rain! But they are also great at breaking the wind. I know that here in the Midwest our spring days are often very windy (I like to say it's blowing winter away!) and thus may feel cooler than they really are.  I can see getting a lot of wear out of this jacket this spring and I love it paired with an easy striped top, flats and cross-body bag for a beautiful spring day.











Outfit Details:
Striped Top (similar or similar)
Earrings via Rocksbox - use this link to get your first month FREE!

SaveSave

 

site design by kiki co.