Tuesday, February 27, 2018

the beauty edit: February!

I'm always scoping out new beauty products and keeping my ear to the ground with what everyone is talking about and loving in the beauty industry.  With age I've realized that a couple good beauty products don't only help with aging gracefully they also help boost my mood and self confidence too. With spring on the horizon I seem to be especially itching for a beauty refresh.  I'm craving a few new products to add to my repertoire and also changing things up with what I already own to keep it fresh.  Here are the beauty products I am using, loving, wanting, coveting this month...



Beautycounter just launched an awesome "healthy swap" campaign to help identify the biggest offenders in the beauty industry and offer 'safer' swaps for those products.  You can read about the 6 biggest offenders and learn more about the healthy swaps here.  And BONUS when you purchase a healthy swap you get to choose a free deluxe size sample to add to your order (with a limit of 3).  Two of my favorites are the volumizing mascara and the charcoal mask   Or learn how to get a FREE charcoal mask with a purchase HERE.

I've been adding a small squirt of this Illuminating Primer to my foundation each day to give my winter skin an extra glow - because about this time of year I can use all the help I can get! It's a great way to boost your daily makeup routine!

I've been using this well rested eye & face brightener under my eyes for years. It wasn't until I recently ran out that I realized how much I love it.  It actually makes you look instantly "well rested." 

These Jo Malone Limited Edition scents for spring are so gorgeous looking! I can only imagine how amazing they smell with names like poppy & barleygreen wheat & meadowsweet and  oat & cornflower.  Jo Malone's Blackberry & Bay has long been a scent I loved, but I'm craving a new scent lately!

Speaking of new scents (it must be the spring season!)... I have had my eye on this set of atelier colognes forever. I have the Vanilla and LOVE it (even though vanilla is not usually a scent I am drawn to). And would love to try these other scents.  Plus, isn't the packaging so gorgeous?

Finally, I recently snagged a few of the cult favorites from Glossier - the brand that seemingly everyone talks about.  The boy brow and the balm dot com trio are both on their way to me and I'm excited to try them... it seems like everyone is obsessed with this brand!

shop the products mentioned in this post here...



 

site design by kiki co.