Wednesday, January 10, 2018

the monthly edit: January 2018!

Oh January... the month of fresh starts combined with the coziness of winter. On the one hand I am ready to go out and tackle the world with the start of the new year.  On the other hand I just want to snuggle in with a book until spring.  So this month I am working to balance the "go-get-em" while also enjoying the downtime that winter brings. I'm not a HUGE fan of winter as you probably know by reading my blog, but I do love the excuse to be a home body, catch up on reading and cooking and generally just nest and enjoy my home before the busy spring and summer season.

This month I've got lots of pink on the brain - I think it's because it's such a fresh color that works for winter but hints at spring.  I'm really trying to take my health and wellness seriously this month after letting it go in November and December and besides that I am just trying to stay warm!  Here are the pieces that are inspiring me this month.

leopard flats - I'm craving all the classic pieces and these flats will be perfect to take my wardrobe from winter to spring.
'saturyay' sweatshirt - January is ALL about lounging and staying warm at home. This sweatshirt is so cute and perfect for a lazy Saturday. 
scarf & puffer coat - With a few months left of winter I'm trying to still keep putting together cute winter looks even though I am really SO over it.  I'm not ruling out a late season purchase of a cute scarf or coat at this point! 
pink bag - I'll take anything pink right now and this adorable pink bag is calling my name!
new jeans - my denim rotation needed some fresh new options and these jeans are perfect. This is my favorite cut of jean (of all time!) and I love the minor distressing.
cardigan   - Perfect for lounging and layering... which to me are extreme winter sports. (wink, wink)
pink yoga leggings - My New Year's resolutions are in full effect right now and while I don't make specific resolutions about weight or working out I definitely make them about feeling "good" and working out always feels good (well, after... not so much the during).



 

site design by kiki co.