Wednesday, November 8, 2017

my everyday style: a classic peacoat!

When it comes to outerwear you can't go wrong investing in a new coat (or two!) every winter. Especially here in the midwest where the winters can be bitterly cold and endlessly long.  I like to have a few super warm and more utilitarian coats in my closet like the one I wore here and then a few dressier options like this navy peacoat. The red details on the button holes and the gold buttons made this coat so irresistible - I just knew I had to have it. And the best part is at $125 it's a great value as well. While it's not the warmest coat in my closet right now it sure wins the award for the most beautiful and I'm wearing a size 2 with plenty of room underneath for a sweater to keep warm.

I loved pairing it with a plaid scarf with red accents (red and navy: swoon!) and a simple camel sweater which I also wore here - it's quickly found it's place in the rotation. From now until about February I use any chance I can get to sneak some plaid into my outfits. Plaid lovers unite! And this plaid scarf is only $26! Snag one now if you love it, because this baby is likely to sell out quickly this year - it's too cute and at that price, such a deal!









Outfit Details:




 

site design by kiki co.