Monday, September 25, 2017

my everyday style: 10 things making me happy right now!

I have a confession to make, sometimes I am a complainer.  eek! That isn't easy to say on the internet! But it's true, I can get down and out and easily feel discouraged. It's something I am always battling in my mind and oops - sometimes it still slips out in the form of words and my attitude.  Lately I feel so strongly about really righting my mind and getting rid of some of the old habits and negativity.  You only live once - and as the saying goes, if you do it right once is enough!  Life is TOO short to be down or focusing on the negative.

So today I'm bringing you 10 small and maybe silly things that are bringing me joy...

1) Sonicare toothbrush, I've been wanting one of these for year and I could never justify the price (why pay $50 to brush your teeth when you can pay $3). But my husband wanted one and ordered one for each of us without me even knowing and since then: BEST $50 ever spent. Dang my teeth are clean!

2) Podcasts, one of the things I missed most this summer was being in my car alone. Once the kids went back to school I started binge-ing podcasts and I never looked back. My favorites: What Should I Read Next, Oprah's Super Soul Conversations, How I Built This, Smartest Person in the Room, Fresh Air and This American Life.  We also love to listen to Lore as a family (best for older kids). And we just listened to the entire first and second series of The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel with the kids on a recent road trip and they LOVED it (best for upper elementary/middle school ages) - I've also heard that series has been optioned for TV, so listen to it with your kids first!

3) Being in my car alone. So I can listen to podcasts uninterrupted. See #2 ;)

4) Cayennade Kombucha. I'm obsessed with kombucha and this spicy flavor is my current favorite. It burns so good.  Are you hooked on kombucha too? If so, what is your favorite flavor?

5) Fall leaves. Every year, every single year I am still in awe of God's beauty through nature in the fall.

6) Travel plans. I always wish we could travel more than we do, but whenever we have a trip on the books for the future (I'm looking at you November) I have a little extra pep in my step!

7) Honeycrisp apples. We eat a LOT of apples in the fall in Michigan and there is NOTHING like a Honeycrisp. They are just so fresh and grocery store apples just don't compare.

8) You readers! You always have a kind or encouraging word for me day after day and not one goes unnoticed!  I sincerely thank you for hanging out on the internet with me. My world wouldn't be the same without each of you.

9) These sneakers. The number of sneakers in my closet right now is at an all time high.  Although I think the number to beat was ONE pair. So that's not hard to do. I am wearing the "gun metal" color and I sized down a half size because I find New Balance runs a bit big for me (compared to Nike).

10) This sweatshirt.  I am the sweatshirt queen.  Give me all the sweatshirts and no one gets hurt.










Outfit Details:
Sneakers (in color: gun metal)
Purse (or I am super obsessed with this one right now!)





 

site design by kiki co.