Wednesday, January 11, 2017

my everyday style: winter layers!

It never fails... every winter I get to that point that I just need a BREAK from all the heavy winter coats.  That's when I pull out aaaalllllllll the layers.  It's surprising how warm layers can be against the elements in lieu of a coat - especially when topped with an oversized sweater and a big scarf.  I was super cozy (without feeling like I was suffocating) in this outfit.

This season I've really embraced hats.  Not only to keep me warm but to add a little something to my outfits.  Pom pom beanies have admittedly been my favorite (and the warmest!) but this little felt hat held it's own too... I am officially a hat convert.  This scarf is real gem at under $10 and so soft and cozy.   And I've said it before but these boots are SO warm.  My husband doesn't believe me because they aren't super insulated.  But when you leg is covered with an extra layer all the way to the knee it keeps you really warm!








Sweater (old but I LOVE this similar option)
Boots - limited sizes, so another similar option
Hat (old but similar
Scarf - under $10!



 

site design by kiki co.