Wednesday, September 28, 2016

my everyday style: it's blazer season!

Once you've resigned yourself to the fact that summer is over, that first fall chill in the air is quite exciting. Lately the mornings have been so cool and crisp that a blazer is just what I need as I head out the door.  I tend to be a bit of a blazer "collector" (read: hoarder) and nothing makes me happier than a good excuse to pull one out of the closet.  

This tweed blazer was a no-brainer - even though I bought it in July (hey! When you find a good blazer you have to snag it! Good for you it's on sale now!).  I knew it would be perfect as the weather cooled and I was absolutely right.  I love that it has a relaxed look with a shawl-like collar and no button.  But that the tweed keeps it classic and refined.  Here I paired it with a simple t-shirt (these Everlane tees get major play in my closet!) but this blazer would be perfect with a tank, graphic tee, blouse or even a lightweight sweater underneath.  

And of course I paired them with my favorite jean lately... the "Rocket" by Citizens of Humanity.  See all my favorite "Rocket" finishes in this post.  These jeans are so comfortable (thanks to the stretch!) and so flattering (thanks to the high waist!). 





(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Blazer, LOFT (or I love this one or this one!)
Jeans, Citizens of Humanity
Shoes, Vince Camuto (similar or similar)
Bag, Chloe (in grey, or less expensive)
Sunglasses, Warby Parker (no longer available, similar or similar)
Necklace, Kendra Scott via Rocksbox*
Bracelet, House of Harlow via Rocksbox*
*get one month of Rocksbox FREE with code: BFF4





 

site design by kiki co.