Tuesday, August 4, 2015

my everyday style: everyday!

I aim to keep it real here on the blog… there always seems to be a delicate balance of what outfits I show here and which ones I don't.  Everyday style is what I really want this blog to be about… but sometimes (most times for me) my everyday style is pretty low-key.  Hey, I'm a mom. My summer days consist of chores, work, refereeing, sports pick up and drop offs and if I'm lucky a little time at the pool with a book or a quick nap (my number one guilty pleasure, hands down).  But these daily events are more non-events than anything.

So I walk the delicate balance of not getting dressed (i.e. yoga pants or last nights sweats) or being overdressed (heels and anything outside of jeans and shorts aren't really required) on a daily basis.  And while keeping all those balls in the air I also try to keep the look a little inspiring for myself (getting dressed should be fun!) and for you gals as well.  Because we are all in this together, right?

HIgh waisted jeans (or mid-rise) and a flowy top have really been my go-to lately. I haven't been to the gym as much as I have liked these days and these two pieces of clothing are VERY forgiving in that department.  I would wear some version of this everyday if I could!






(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Jeans, 7 for all Mankind ℅ Fitcode (or these are awesome too for less!)
Sandals, J.Crew - on sale (or similar or similar - love these!)
Bracelet, Loren Hope via Rocksbox - use code jillggxoxo to get your first month free!

 

site design by kiki co.