Tuesday, August 6, 2013

my everyday style: little white dress!

Personal style seems to have two equal components... it's one part public opinion and one part trusting your instincts.

Take this dress for instance... I recently found it on super sale at Gap and loved it.  When I put it on Instagram and asked if it was a 'yay' or a 'nay' it was met with a mixed review. Some of you liked it and some of you didn't (also, fitting rooms never seem to have very flattering light or surroundings).  But regardless of your awesome gals' input (which I always love hearing, it's so interesting to hear everyone's take on items), I trusted my own instincts and went for it. I personally loved the dress and I think that is an important component of an outfit. How great you feel rocking it no matter what others think is the key to successful personal style.

Of course the other side of the coin is that we do care what others think... or we do want the influence of others in our clothing choices.  That is why fashion editors get paid, why we love seeing the latest and greatest that celebs are wearing and of course, why we read blogs!  Our personal style doesn't exist in a bubble, but in a carefully balanced existence.

Any way... all that to say: here is a white dress I love. It's simple and comfortable and to me is the embodiment of summer style.







Details:
Dress, Gap
Clutch, J.Crew Factory
Wedges, Sole Society

 

site design by kiki co.