Wednesday, October 19, 2011

work it wednesday: monochromatic!

One of the trends I have my eyes on lately is the monochromatic trend... it's easy to do and doesn't require anything 'new' or 'trendy'.  Simply go to your closet and mix and match items of the same color family!  Here is my interpretation of the monochromatic look... I simply take two items (or three items if one of them is an accessory) of the same color family and then add simple and classic neutrals.  

Blues
Casual pieces like this sweater and button front top are the perfect juxtaposition for classic pumps and gorgeous earrings.


Yellows
Similar colors in different patterns and textures make for an interesting and personality filled look.


Purples
Try mixing up the colors on the top and bottom... I'm in love with this look!

Now it's your turn to show me your Work it Wednesday looks!  Check out the link up details and grab a button here!  (please don't forget a button, it's only polite!)




 

site design by kiki co.