Monday, August 30, 2010

fall retailer preview: Gap!

Did you guys take advantage of Gap's Give & Get this weekend? My sister-in-law has worked for them forever, so we always have a steady invite to save, save, save! But if you don't have a friend in the biz, follow Gap on Facebook... I think they were offering the savings there as well! I mostly shopped for my kiddos this weekend (them first, me later... such is life as a mom!) for fall clothing, but I did take a minute to snag a few things for myself and get a good eye on their new fall line.

Fall at the Gap is decidedly sophisticated this year... I really liked all they had to offer. It's the classic pieces you expect from Gap with some really great subtly embellished pieces mixed in. A lot of the fabrics are luxurious and the styling is gorgeous, I would say a notch up from the super classic pieces we usually see from Gap. Over all, I was impressed.




1. Tops like this are perfect to ease into fall with. This one is great on it's own or layered with a blazer or cardigan. The colors also reminded me of the cami I wore HERE that seemed so popular! (Ruffled Micro-Print Sleeveless Top)

2. These pants are super cool. I love the tuxedo stripe down the side and I would definitely wear them cuffed like this! They would be fun with a glittery top for a girls night out or with a blazer for a business casual setting. (Tuxedo Pants, $49.50)

3. I just love this tee... as a mom I am always looking for comfortable (and machine washable!) tops in unique silhouettes. This is definitely one of those... very easy to wear and easy to take care of! (Dolman T, $19.50)

4. This sweater is the stuff that my fall dreams are made of. It's refined, but cozy and with great architectural details. Love, love, love! (Double-Breasted Cardigan, $79.50)

5. Is it just me or are dresses with long sleeves virtually impossible to find? This dress would be great for a fall wedding or layered with tights and a cardigan for cool fall days. This dark purple is gorgeous. (Ruffle Shirt Dress, $59.50)

6. Trying to choose a favorite pair of jeans from the Gap is like trying to choose a favorite child. I just love them all. I could take one in each finish and fit - but jeans are already over-running my closet! I just love these fun bleached pair! (Always Skinny Jeans (bleached wash), $69.50)

 

site design by kiki co.