Tuesday, November 22, 2016

my everyday style: bundle up for the holidays!

Winter has arrived and I'm ready to face it in style!  And in lots of layers. Because I'm always freezing. What is warmer than a wool coat on a cold and blustery day? A wool coat with a vest underneath, that's what.  I can't remember when I first discovered this little coat + vest combo.  But it has become a stand-by for those days I just can't seem to warm up.

A nice thin vest can provide a fun pop of color and an extra layer of warmth - two things that I am perfectly fine with on a daily basis.  Here I paired a roomier wool coat with the Excursion vest that everyone knows and loves over a super warm fair isle sweater  It was the perfect look for shopping through the streets of the Windy City recently.  And of course cute and comfortable shoes were in order for a day of shopping as well.  These velvet flats are surprisingly comfortable for being (almost) just out of the box.  I absolutely love velvet this time of year because it's so festive... and these shoes reach the perfect festive yet practical balance.









Outfit Details:
Coat, J.Crew - 30% off! (or a less expensive option)
Vest, J.Crew (pink one here for under $50!, or I love this plaid one too!)
Sweater, J.Crew
Jeans, Citizens of Humanity
Sunglasses, Tory Burch
Flats, Kate Spade

Shop my head to toe look below...




 

site design by kiki co.