Monday, October 12, 2015

my everyday style: a denim alternative!

I'm a pretty die hard denim fan.  If you've been reading this blog for more than 5 minutes you will likely catch on to that one pretty quickly. It's hard to pull me away from denim on a daily basis… but these pants won my heart the moment I put them on.  And while they aren't my beloved denim, they are a very close second in stylability and comfort.  Because even I need to take a break from denim every once in a while.  Right!?!?

I've styled these pants with striped shirts, chambray shirts, black tops and here, with my favorite grey sweater. So like I mentioned, they are pretty easy to style up.  It would also be fun to pair a bright red or pink sweater with these pants too if you crave more color.  

One day while wearing these pants recently I had a crazy vivid flashback to owning almost these same EXACT pants in college… except they were a wide leg (which was more popular back in the late 90's).  I remember wearing the heck out of those pants… and here my style has virtually come full circle with almost the same exact pant, just in an updated cut for 2015.  Isn't that crazy how style works like that?! I do believe I also owned and loved a pair of denim overalls during that same period… those however I will NOT be bringing with me into the present.  Style wins some and it loses some, I guess.





(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Sunglasses, Warby Parker
Sweater, J.Crew (similar or similar)
Bag, Rebecca Minkoff (same bag on sale in pink or leopard or with fringe!)
Flats, Dolce Vita (similar or similar or I love these velvet ones!)
Bracelets, Gorjana & Margaret Elizabeth via Rocksbox use code: jillggxoxo for your first month FREE

Or shop the pieces below...



 

site design by kiki co.