Tuesday, September 3, 2013

my everyday style: playing dress up with chambray/denim! (part 1)

Over the weekend I had some fun playing dress up in my closet and getting super excited for fall fashion.  I put together 3 fun chambray + denim outfits just to experiment a bit and thought it would be fun to share them here (instead of leaving them in piles on my closet floor waiting for future wear - do you do that too?).

Chambray + denim isn't really a new trend, but it is gaining a lot of speed lately.  Retailers are drawn to this look and are having fun pairing lots of blues together and since lately all shades of blue seem to be my favorite - I am excited to have fun with this trend this fall too!

Sometimes I like to pair a darker denim with a lighter chambray, but for this look I went more monochromatic with my denim and chambray and added bright accessories to keep the outfit fresh.







Details:
Chambray Top, J.Crew - now available in dark rinse too!
Jeans, Old Navy (c/o) - similar pair that I love!
Shoes, Sole Society
Bag, Kate Spade (another fun floral tote!)
Necklace, Baublebar


Stay tuned the rest of this week for some more fun looks... what are/is your favorite ways to style denim + chambray? I would love to hear!

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.