Thursday, July 7, 2011

my outfit: i wore clothes.

I wore clothes. Again. Monumental, I know.  Also these are the third and final pair of glasses that I tried (I actually tried five - Warby Parker is generous like that). But these were my top three.  This pair I didn't really like, but then they grew on me.  They were the "dark horse" of the glasses. You could say.


I also painted my nails patriotically for the holiday weekend. Cute, huh? Or cheesy... I was having a hard time deciding. They didn't last long.  What I do know is that nails (mine specifically) should not be photographed that closely.  Weird.


I have actually worn this outfit, or a variation of it (read: with white shorts, I know: so predictable) quite a few times this summer. For some reason, this is the first time it got photographed.  How's that for small talk?


For the record: I'm terrible at small talk. Just terrible.


Happy Thursday!


Details:
Glasses, Warby Parker
Top, JCrew (similar)
Belt, Target (similar)
White Jeans, Gap
Shoes, Target (similar)
Bracelets, Beaded: Charlotte Russe (similar), Gold: courtesy of Towne & Reese

psst... check out what's happening on my other blogs today!

14 comments:

Jackie said...

I think my faves are still the first ones. So fun to have a bunch to try, makes me want to need glasses! Hmmm, maybe I should make an eye Dr. appointment...

allison said...

diggin' all these frames you are sporting and of course the top knot too:)

xo-av
allisonviegerdesign.com
http://allibakes.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

I think these are actually my favorite of the frames just because they make your blue eyes stand out!

Jen said...

I just it the pierce frames and love them. Today's glasses are by far my fave. Thy look like they were made for your face.

madison avenue said...

LOVE this outfit!! the shirt is super cute! i love the color and the ruffles! i am soooo jealous of your white skinnies!! i tried to bleach some of mine white cause i wanted white jeans haha but they turned yellow...i was sad

maria said...

loving that green on you with your tan skin!!! and the frames too! oh and would love your potato salad, c'mon over!!

Jenni said...

These glasses are my favorite too! I like the rounder shape. I also can't wait to have longer hair so I can try a top bun--I was finally able to do a low bun today...!

Jen said...

I think I like the first frames you showed best. The color of this pair is awesome because it really makes your eyes stand out, but I also think the frames are too big on the bottom. I have seen so many people with cute frames from Warby Parker. I need to try them (my current glasses are uh, held together with masking tape on one side. I'm a lost cause)!

Linda Rose said...

ok, you are so stinkin cute! i love this outfit!
i think i like the first pair of glasses the best so far! can't wait to see which ones you choose!

Erin @ MomsHaveStyle2 said...

This outfit inspired me to do two things today. Number one, take my second pair of white skinnies to the seamstress to have her hem them to ankle length (love). Number 2, go out and get some colorful tanks to wear with said skinny ankle jeans. Check and CHECK. Thanks for being awesome!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I think these are the ones that look best on you....just saying...

Erin @ MomsHaveStyle2 said...

Just mentioned you in my blog post today. Thanks for the inspiration!

a Bug and Bird said...

just bought white skinny jeans this week, it's winter in sydney but we don't have labor day here... :)

oh, and i bought an olive green pair as well, along the same color as your shirt. so into it right now

kelseywilliams said...

LOVE this outfit! I am totally on the hunt for white jeggings. Those glasses are perfect for you, too!


 

site design by kelly christine studio