Monday, March 28, 2011

my outfit: trying something new!

Trying something new can be fun... and sometimes a little scary.  But in the end, whether you like what you tried or not, it's totally worth it.  Take these jeans for instance, they are SUPER long and SUPER wide leg. And while I've been gushing about how much I love the look, I was a little scared once it came time to try the new trend myself. 


It never hurts when you get a friendly push.  My girl Linda sent me these jeans after I was swooning after hers and also touting their loveliness right here on this blog.  The end result - I'm in love.


I'm glad I tried them... the thing I really love is that they look ultra modern and chic, but they are just jeans in the end... and even have a bit of stretch to them, so they are really comfortable.  Plus, they are a great excuse to wear the highest heels I own. And if any body needs an excuse to wear heels, it's a boring 'ole stay-at-home mom like me. (wink, wink!)


Have you gone outside of your comfort zone recently?


I, of course, highly recommend it.  Have a friend (or me!) help you if you need it... I also, highly recommend that as well.


And now I go out of my comfort zone once again... check it out...


Untitled from Jill Gott-Gleason on Vimeo.

Details:
Blazer, LOFT (similar)
Red Striped Top, Forever 21
Bracelets, courtesy of Towne & Reese
Jeans, Gap
Platforms, Target (similar)
Nail Polish, Nice is Nice by Essie (fingers) and Topless & Barefoot by Essie (toes)

25 comments:

christina said...

Love the outfit. And the video...what a great feature! As always, you're so darn cute it almost hurts. xo

Ash said...

Those jeans look great!

elizabethashleyphoto said...

Love the video! I think that would be a great addition to your outfit posts.

How awesome of Linda to send over the jeans! You both wear the trend very well!

Mrs. Biscuit said...

I LOVE the new video feature, and of course your outfit rocks! I wish I could wear super high heels, but I don't like to be as tall as my hubby, who is only about 5 inches taller than me!
It's great to see your outfit when you move, something about it is easier to visualize than just seeing the pictures. I'd have to say it gives me a better sense of which things I could try out for my body/wardrobe.
Happy Monday!

And They Lived Happily Ever After...

ArunA Biomedical, Inc. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I've been a little afraid to try this style of jeans as well, but I might need to force myself into a dressing room with them after seeing them on Jill! You look long, lean & super polished. The heels are great too!

Lili said...

Love the look on you! The pants have a good length when they show you still do indeed have feet - but don't show too much of them. Funny, yesterday I wore a flared pant for the first time in years, too! And liked it :-D

Here it is!

Meredith said...

I really like the outfit! The jeans make you look so tall - I love 'em!

Linda Rose said...

Yeah! Love the video, love the jeans. They look so great on you! Mine are not that long on me. I can only wear cowboy boots with them. Ha ha!

Anne said...

Very cute! Love the wide jeans with the stripes.

Kelly said...

I've got the exact same jeans! I'm just waiting to finish my 30x30 challenge to wear them. They are so comfortable!

I go outside of my comfort zone any time I wear tall heels or wedge shoes. I'm 5'7" without, but with them I feel like a giant. Oh well, that doesn't stop me!

Lillymom said...

Loved your video of your outfit. I am 5"1'. Don't know if I could pull off the jeans and I am not a fan of super high heels. Suggestions????

kelseywilliams said...

cute jeans! that linda is a sweetie!

Amy said...

You look great in the trousers!

amy day to day

Monique Zuman said...

Those jeans look FANTASTIC!! Your hair looks amazing too!!

Monique
xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like the jeans on you.
My Heart Blogged

Angeline said...

Love the video clip Jill - and I love the jeans!

Dayle said...

Love the video clip and love your outfit! Your accent is totally not what I expected for some reason, but I love it! You are just too stinkin' cute :)

thescienceofhome.blogspot.com

Chelsie said...

Absolutely LOVE those jeans. Three of my co-workers recently purchased them and they are so amazing and universally flattering that I'm following suit Wednesday (when my next 40% off coupon is good!). :)

EasyDoesItBlog

b.a. said...

your hair is getting LOOOONG!!! :)

Andi said...

Love the jeans, they look great! Tweeted it @teramuse :)

Jackie said...

The video idea is fun! Love the jeans.

Whitney said...

Your blog has really challenged to try new combos of things I already own, AND figure out what pieces I should be hunting for.
Thanks for the inspiration!

www.whitney-navybeans.blogspot.com

Emily said...

I love this new feature! and YOU.ARE.GORGEOUS!

v said...

You look AMAZING. your skin is great!!! love this outfit Jill!


 

site design by kelly christine studio