Wednesday, February 9, 2011

my outfit: winter chic!

Welcome back for another installment of, ummmm, "me, in the snow".  

So original, huh?  I have been trying to think of an un-snowy place to go for pictures... but besides the grocery store and a plowed parking garage. I got nuthin'.  So you get my driveway, AGAIN.


The good news is that the sun has been a little shiny here in old West Michigan, a rarity indeed... so at least with all the cold and snow, we have a sliver of happiness.  And some Vitamin D. And a chance to wear sunglasses, because really, don't you just love to wear sunglasses?


This past weekend I SERIOUSLY cleaned out my closet (seen here) I have about half the clothes now that I did in that post and it feels SO good. I kept the stuff I really truly love and wear.  I haven't actually gotten rid of the stuff yet though.  Sometimes I go over board and get rid of stuff I shouldn't have, so this time I just put it in a storage bin in the basement and I figure if I haven't 'missed' it in a few months then it's fair game to go. {fear not... no shoes were banished in the closet cleaning!}


It almost feels a little like the 30/30 Challenge... with fewer pieces to choose from, it makes getting dressed easier.  Now if the weather would just make it easier to get dressed then I would be set like a jet.


So, um, that's about all that's happening with me these days.  Pretty exciting, huh?



Details:
Scarf, Limited (similar)
Sunglasses, Forever 21
Shrug sweater, Gap (similar)
Lace Top, Charlotte Russe (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Boots, Minnetonka

14 comments:

Eclectic Flair said...

I love the snow pics! Keep 'em coming!

Those sunglasses look really cute on you too!

Daphne said...

Love the idea of lace under cozy clothes. Hey, I love the snow. Living in the sunshine state where you literally can not drive without sunglasses it is great to see snow in the photos.
Nice with the closet cleanning. I do the same thing get rid of too much stuff than regret it so great idea with storage bin. I have been moving stuff to my kids' closets.

elle said...

hello,

great outfit. i've been checking your blog out lately and you remind me of my sister so skinny and she has to kids and some stile is similar. great outfit by the way.

ps.i am new at blogging so bare with me..:)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love the snowy shots. The bluish hue from the snow works beautifully with your outfit. Those boots look super duper cozy.

Mommyblogger said...

I have those same boots! I too love sunglasses. Can't wait until we get some sunshine around here!

Les said...

Love that top and sweater combo!

Meggy said...

Winter chic, indeed! Adore that white/ivory lace top. So pretty with the gray sweater shrug, and yet cozy looking.

I'm in the same boat with the snow. We got ANOTHER 3 inches last night. It's white everywhere, and as pretty as it can be, I'm sick of it.

Meggy from Chasing Davies

kristen said...

Ugh, i wish that sweater was mine! You look darling, as usual!

Manecoarse said...

I cleaned out my closet last night too. I took my old stuff to the Good Will this morning. I should've done what you did and held on to a few things for awhile before giving them away...just to make sure. I have had those moments in the past when I went looking for something and then remembered that I gave it away. :(

Sarah said...

Fun boots and scarf. I wish it snowed here...

Fashion Momma said...

I'm PRAYING for some flurries tonight!!

I love how you made this la la lace so casual!

Jenny said...

Nothing is better than a good closet purge! I've got to do that in our for sale house - I haven't worn most of that stuff in almost 3 years. Ebay here I come - lol!

bex said...

you look so cute, comfy and chic. lace is amazing i love lace. oh and aviators aviators are a must have!

bex

karen★ said...

i really like the top with the jeans & the boots. i don't think that would be a pairing that i would ever gravitate towards...but it looks like it's a runway look. so cute!

i love your driveway! we don't have one so get out there & think how jealous i am of your really long driveway whenever you get photographed!


 

site design by kelly christine studio